Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 06-09-2018, 08:36 PM   #11
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

went to the gun show today the dealer i bought the brass hulls from was there today he had 13 hullls left i got allof them...these things look like they were made yesterday but they are really old....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 06-14-2018, 07:49 PM   #12
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

took time out just now to pattern the other 3 brass shells with a thin wad over the shot..i used the 40 steps and 9 inch paper plate for the target every thing the same except for the thin over shot wad used...the thick 1/8 inch top wad gave good pattern with the first shot 26 holes in plate and 27 2nd shot 3 rd shot 27...today with thin wads the first shot put 35 holes in plate 2nd shot put 33 3rd shot put 38.... the thin top wad gave many more shot in the target...with good patterens...harry and paul ya ll are right about the thin top wad giveing better patterns and more hits in the target...this is 5 times i ve loaed these hulls with the large pistol primer 19 grains of reddot 2 1/8 inch thick 10 ga over powder wads 1 1/8 ounce of lead no 6 shot and now useing a thin 10 ga over shot wad..glue the top wad for hunting loads...this is a really good load for a fellow that likes smokeless powder in the brass hull no clean up of the hull at all after being shot 5 times....guess i ll load up the 16 hulls i have and try them on a squirl come fall i have a few 10 ga also i m going to try...charlie
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 06-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #13
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

also loaded up some old 10 ga hulls my dad had they probably have not been loaded in 60 years or more.. i loaded 22 grains of reddot then 2 8 ga 1/8 inch thick wads over the powder then 1 1/4 ounce of no 6 lead shot thena thin wadding of 8 ga wad over the shot...loaded up 5 shells all shot well and strong did not pattern them but they would really shake a can on my 40 stepsshooting pole...only thing about the really old brass is that it looked good but pin holes came into 2 of the 5 hulls.....found me enough 12 ga brass in my dads stuff to make me 25 hulls now...charlie