Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #51
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Yes thats strange and some folks think we owe so much to him
Frank I'm not a good enough shot to break 50 out of 50 on any course. Bill hasn't changed a target presentation in years. Two 100 bird courses and a nice 5 stand and a cost savings of several hundred dollars which can be spent on anything from guns to art work at the tents is a no brainier for me.
Unread 02-11-2020, 04:06 PM   #52
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,238 Times in 12,378 Posts

Well, it wasn't my intent to bash Deep River - I simply wanted to raise some awareness.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2020, 04:13 PM   #53
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

Let's keep this thread informational.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #54
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,313 Times in 1,239 Posts

If you don't support the shooting at the Southern, then there will be no Southern.

"Oh Christ, just shoot the damn thing."
Destry L. Hoffard
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to John Davis For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2020, 04:54 PM   #55
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,345 Times in 4,421 Posts

And the tents. Bottom line there is plenty for everyone
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2020, 07:00 PM   #56
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

I have been to Drake Landing 4 out of the last 5 years. Every time I go into the office and tell what I shot I have been charged a different price every time. There is a group that purchases their targets in ahead of time and receive a good deal. A good froind of mine and a PGCA Life member, who is also a friend of Dan Andrews owner of Drake Landing, asked Dan about a package price for him and five other shooters. Dan came back with $60.00 a hundred which is his regular charge. I have heard the he raised the price again for this year, but I don't know that for sure.
Just for an example. The year before last I went to Darke and on a Thursday and when I went in to pay I told them, I shot 100, that's $60.00 and had a cart, that's $15.00 and ahd lunch, that's $20.00. My total was $112.50. I don't know to this day how they came up with that amount. I can shoot 9 qualifying rounds at Deep River for that.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom Pellegrini For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2020, 07:05 PM   #57
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

At Deep River, if you are a shooter, then there's more side x side shooting than you will find anywhere else. If you are collector, then there are more side x sides for sale than you will find anywhere else. And if you are both a shooter and a collector, well then you just died and went to heaven.

Destry L. Hoffard
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to John Davis For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #58
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

"". I believe we do owe him a lot.

Destry L. Hoffard
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Davis For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2020, 08:09 PM   #59
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,430 Times in 1,647 Posts

I am not a competitive shooter (like most) just an old duck hunter that scratches down four dozen ducks per year and loves to pull the trigger on my vintage duck guns. I'm sure if I had the capabilities of Mike Koneski I would be shooting all the Deep River events for bling, but I'm not. I enjoy shooting for fun, but I have no hope of competing with Famk, Mike or whoever. I enjoy Drakes Landing and could give a dam about the cost, I enjoy Deep River and love the tents and chating with other addicted friends. So who cares just do what makes you happy, life is very short boys.
Craig Larter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2020, 09:44 AM   #60
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
I am not a competitive shooter (like most) just an old duck hunter that scratches down four dozen ducks per year and loves to pull the trigger on my vintage duck guns. I'm sure if I had the capabilities of Mike Koneski I would be shooting all the Deep River events for bling, but I'm not. I enjoy shooting for fun, but I have no hope of competing with Famk, Mike or whoever. I enjoy Drakes Landing and could give a dam about the cost, I enjoy Deep River and love the tents and chating with other addicted friends. So who cares just do what makes you happy, life is very short boys.
I am with Craig, I love shooting even if my scores are poor, when I first went to Deep River we shot the course for fun for a few years and got tired of the long waits and notice target presentations were the same year after year. So that's when we stated going to Drakes, super nice people and a great course, which is now two different courses.

And yes I support Bill and Deep River as I buy from the vendors that rent space, and also let's remember and not forget that Bill profits of the Parker and LC Smith clubs for the annual shoot off. That brings in a lot of shooters and money as they shoot in all of the events.
Let's face it if Bill didn't have the Parker / LC Smith shoot off every year that would hurt him greatly in the number of shooters that came to his shoot.

I lover seeing everyone at both Drakes and Deep River in some ways two different experiences, we shoot a Drakes take our time meet and shoot with a number of great people and are not rushed, then we go to Deep River see many old friends and go through the vendor tents (always end up buying too much stuff !) So there is no reason for this us against them (Drakes vs Deep River) it's all for the fun and seeing people and having a good time. As Craig says (and I know all too well) life is short, "enjoy" it. Just my two cents. Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post: