Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Foto Fridays

Notices

Brett, Trigg, and Shine
Unread 12-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Bob Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Brett, Trigg, and Shine

I pulled the SD card out of my camera today and came across this photo taken while Trigg Davis and Richard Flanders were down visiting and hunting the Debolt, Alberta area. The glowing spots are the flash's reflection on the light snow falling. Trigg is holding a grouse while Shine the GSP keeps an eye on it. Also in the photo is my good friend, Brett Larkin, whose place we were staying at. Brett is holding his first Parker, a VH 12 with 30" barrels that I brought down for him.
Bob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Brown For Your Post:
Unread 12-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Trigg Davis
Forum Associate

Member Info

Bob,

Bob,

Thanks for posting that picture. I rreally enjoyed it; and would appreciate having a copy. The picture reflects a lot of firsts. This was my first day with Shine and a wild birds. It was Shines first Ruffed Grouse encounter and we got it for him. It is a great photo to have,

I believe that was the first bird that Brett got with nhs newly acquired Parker.

Shine and I are still out looking for Ruffed Grouse one day most Weekends. We have manged to find one each of the last five weekends which in this part of Alaska is abou as good as it gets.

Thanks again.

Trigg

tRIGG
Trigg Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Bob Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

Trigg, I'll email you this photo and a couple of others on the card. It was Brett's first with a Parker. That is a nice long season you have in Alaska. Ours shut down on Dec. 1st, so no hunting for anything except rabbits around here. I had my own first last night, and not one I wanted. I was on a very remote road around 8 pm and when I went around a curve with my truck a wolverine ran out onto the road, did a mid air flip and ran back. I tried to avoid both the animal and the ditch and unfortunately ended up hitting both. Its rare to see a wolverine so it was quite a surprise. Good thing I was able to get out of the ditch, no traffic on that road so I might have spent Christmas eve there.

Last edited by Bob Brown; 12-25-2009 at 11:37 AM..
Unread 12-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
Trigg Davis
Forum Associate

Member Info

I am glad you got out of there. Some of our roads are lie yours; no place to get stranded. A wolverine sighting would be pretty rare around here. By yhe way I did send you a PM yesterday, but I am not always gonfident fo there reaching you.

Trigg
Trigg Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
Bob Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

I got your pm when I logged on this morning, Trigg. I'm having some trouble with my email on this new computer, but I should be sending an email now that has 5 pictures including the one above that were taken that night. I don't have problems receiving emails, just sending.
Bob
Unread 12-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

The ditch is no place to park where ever you are. I have learned the hard way not to swerve to avoid hitting an animal as much as I dislike it except if it's a cat.

I have hunted in Alaska twice and not seen a Wolverine. Was it salvageable?
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #7
Bob Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

Richard, all that seemed to be hit was the head, and it wasn't crushed. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet. I thought about a full mount, but if it is anything like the badger my brother did a full mount on my dogs probably wouldn't like it. He put it on the floor and my lab and springer freaked out. He put it up back up on a 7 foot high bookcase and when we left the room the springer some how climbed the bookcase and dragged it off. I had to pull the dogs off of it. The springer has since passed, but I have two labs now that might not approve of sharing a house with a member of the weasel family.
Trigg, the email with the photos didn't go through. I'll load them on to the old computer and email it tomorrow.
Unread 12-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #8
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Bob,
I kept a Mountain Lion for a friend once. It was a lifesize pedastal mount done like it was stepping off a rock so the cat was looking down and had its head turned. At the time we had a Rottweiler and she growled at that cat every time she passed it for a year.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #9
Labowner
PGCA Member

Member Info

Bob, my son shot a 325 lb. black bear and I had Scott Kittredge do a shoulder mount. I brought the mount into my home office and it was facing down and my two Labs where giving it the once over with their noses to see what it was, I don't think they could identify it by smell do to the hide being processed. I prepared the mount to hang on wall and turned mount into upright position, well those two dogs came unglued. I thought it was amazing that the dogs had those instincts programed in them still to recognize danger.

Last edited by E Robert Fabian; 12-27-2009 at 08:25 AM..
E Robert Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2009, 07:54 AM   #10
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Trigg, you can simply put your cursor on the picture in Bob's original post, right click your mouse then click 'save picture as', type in your new title or just leave it with the number assigned to it - then click 'save' and it is now saved to your computer's hard drive to be brought up to view or print whenever you want to. Dean
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote