Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 12-16-2020, 08:48 PM   #31
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,976 Times in 1,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop View Post
Things are moving slow. Tracking isn't being updated promptly etc etc. Blame it on Covid. Blame it on Christmas rush. Blame it on Trump. Blame it on someone! And I think the same kind of applies to all shipping companies right now.
Not all of them. Ordered a case (200) of Boss Bismuth shells on a Friday morning, by phone. Sunday afternoon they were sitting on my front porch. 1 1/2 days from Michigan to Georgia. FEDEX.

Crazy fast.

SRH
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2020, 08:52 PM   #32
Sara LeFever
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Hillis View Post
Not all of them. Ordered a case (200) of Boss Bismuth shells on a Friday morning, by phone. Sunday afternoon they were sitting on my front porch. 1 1/2 days from Michigan to Georgia. FEDEX.

Crazy fast.

SRH
I ordered an item from Rhode Island, and it shipped Monday and arrived today. UPS ground. I've also had good luck with things directly shipped by Amazon.

Sara
Sara LeFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2020, 02:06 AM   #33
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

At the kinda beginning of the crud I ordered three round ball molds from a mold cutter in the UK . Paid him thru PayPal from the day the order and payment arrived the molds cut , taken to the shipping center in London and arrived in Chicago took six or seven days . Then said molds sat in the Chicago area for TWO WEEKS , I’m sure part of that was the USPS claiming they needed to be in quarantine for a bit . Anyway by the time I got them it’d been 32 days . Yes 32 days from payment to delivery of the 42 days 4 or 5 were used up by the manufacturer cutting them packing and shipping after that it was oughtta his hands .
Unread 12-17-2020, 10:07 AM   #34
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

I've always had good luck & service shipping things through the USPS until recently. I've bought some Model-21 small parts off eBay from two different outlets in the last few weeks. Both orders came out of California to Denver. Both shippers gave me notice almost immediately that they had shipped the parts first class mail. One took two weeks & the other three weeks to make the trip.

I don't know what's actually happening at USPS, but until things change around I won't be using them for anything that's important for timely delivery.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2020, 10:15 AM   #35
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

We had a customer order a gift certificate for Christmas. She ordered a month ago and lives about 12 miles away. It took two weeks for the envelope to arrive. Between the Wuhan, holiday shipments, Amazon shipments and short staffed crews, this isn’t going to get better until the new year.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 12-17-2020, 10:36 AM   #36
Joe from MO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,121 Times in 422 Posts

I traded messages with a guy on that other board that works for USPS. He used their internal tracking and said he could see that my item was still at the Elk Grove Facility, even what piece of equipment it was on.... So, at the moment anyway, it appears to not be lost.... But no idea when it will arrive, as of right now it's 10 days late.... But, still hoping it eventually gets there.

Then, how long will it take for the gun to get to me is the big question... Heck, at this point I'd almost recommend him just waiting til after the 1st of the year.... Maybe I'll have the gun by this spring... :-)
Unread 12-17-2020, 10:48 AM   #37
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

I shipped a set of barrels to Breck Gorman last Thursday with an ETA of Tuesday this week... nothing yet.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2020, 10:52 AM   #38
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

I'm finding that both the USPS and UPS are taking forever to arrive. I also had a recent Amazon order either put into the wrong mailbox or someone snitched it out of mine.

I also think that, since the USPS has contracts to handle both UPS and Fedex shipments that they are pretty swamped and under staffed. I've ordered a couple of AR trigger groups recently and they're taking forever to arrive and shipping is around $20, which is absurd for something that could be put into a small padded envelope and sent for less than $3.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post:
Unread 12-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #39
King Cobb
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,521 Times in 405 Posts

It happens every December. Shipping goes nuts. UPS using the post office for local deliveries isn't helping along with corona and short staffs. It will clear.

I purchased a 1st edition Christmas Carol that arrived a day late, and ordered a refurbished Stihl Leaf vaccum that was supposed to get here Tuesday that is coming today.

It just gets crazy this time of year.
Unread 12-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #40
Craig Budgeon
PGCA Member

Member Info

The post office is a US government agency that only lost $5 billion last year and you expect your deliveries on time. You must be kidding!
Craig Budgeon is offline   Reply With Quote