Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-14-2011, 07:41 AM   #81
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Bruce, If your horse don't give you a good shot whos fault is it? If your shotgun don't kill the bird is it the shells fault? Was my only point. And if you believe everything manufactures tell you you got a house full of stuff you don't need! Fransis thanks you got my point! everybody got a nose The other day I was down to one shell so I thought I needed to pratice left barrel first shooting so a fez gets up and right barrel goes click and I flinched so bad my pup was laughing and ol BoJack wouldn't make eye contact because he was embarresed for me. I'm far from perfect and I know it. I have fun hunting, birds or no birds and if we lose one one of my companions on the great plains will eat him they need an easy one once and a while. we don't have a preadetor problem out here plenty for everybody. and Eric I will bow out as well. best ch and somebody tells me they can tell the diff between 5 and 6 shot I'll wonder wonder wonder who, who wrot the........ and i think all of u because win i have a qustion i can ask you fellows and i don't have to try figure out thoes tables and mathmatical figures.
calvin humburg is offline   Reply With Quote
You are welcome Calvin- as always
Unread 01-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #82
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default You are welcome Calvin- as always

I sure do enjoy your posts and answers- they can brighten up a man's day like a home-made pie from Aunt Bea herself--and I'm glad you caught my drift on the "nose' business--we need to remember that when we invent excuses for missing an easy shot- usually it is a mechanical problem- a loose nut behind the stock group- so to speak--

And I wonder, wonder-wonder- let me guess here- the rest is "Who wrote the book of love" maybe? No big deal, I just love trivia and history quizzes is all.

The difference between No 5 shot and No 6 (lead shot) is one thousands of an inch bigger for the No. 5- old easy formulae (and not Pi R squared)-- take 17 and subtract the number of the shot size- if you are shooting No. 2 shot- your pellets are (in theory) 15 thousands of an inch in dia. We all know that shot when it leaves the muzzle and the shot cup falls away, not all fly true, not all stay round- ballistics for smoothbore weapons, is NOT an exact science- but folks like Tom Roster and others have sure worked hard to make it close to that--

As I mentioned the old Pi R Squ. theorm- here's a Jeff Foxworthy spin on that puppy--I kinda liked it-- Little Tommy comes home from grade school and at the dinner table, his Pappy asks him: "Well, Son, what did they learn you today in school?" "Math-e-matics, Pa" was the lad's reply--- Huum, says the father-"Math-E-matics, what sorta learnin' is that?" "Well, Pa, we learned that Pi R Square today!"-- "Horsefeathers, said the father, any danged fool knows that Pie are Round, it's johnny cake and cornbread are Square!"" Bon Appetit!!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #83
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

you darn tootin Francis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats me in the last paragraph and darn proud of it.
calvin humburg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calvin humburg For Your Post:
Unread 01-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #84
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,196 Posts

Yeah I know I said I would leave this thread but (Ok I lied)... But I think this thread on the Doublegun is pretty much what we have all been talking about.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/...193#Post213193

Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #85
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Morin View Post
any danged fool knows that Pie are Round, it's johnny cake and cornbread are Square!
Sometimes, pie are squared