Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Unread 12-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #11
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,085 Times in 2,380 Posts

Mark,
Wonderful job by Brad. The wood is in great shape. Are you saying that you did nothing to the wood? It's a beautiful gun that certainly won't embarrass your dog. I think Charles E. Gillon was a long lost relative of mine and if you would be so kind as to ship me the gun I will track down his children to verify it's provenance.
Regards,
Daryl
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #12
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

Daryl,

Good one!

I did nothing to the wood. I think that Brad has developed his case hardening forumlas and processes to restore guns to a muted finish much like a gun with a couple decades of use. This is a great option for a lot of guns that do not need the wood restored.

If you look at the EH that I posted on another thread you will see a well used gun with a stock head repaired and hidden by Jerry Andrews of the PGCA, but with the original wood finish. Certainly Brad could have repaired the stock but I wanted to give my friend Jerry some work. He in turn treated me very well. If I recall correctly (which gets harder to do with every passing year) I started with only having Jerry repair the stock and Brad redo the barrels. When I saw the redone barrels and the repaired stock I just had to go one step further in the restoration. After all, the gun deserved it! Luckily Brad knew how to re-case harden a receiver so that the resulting colors did not look like the receiver left Meridian yesterday.

Thanks,
Mark

USMC Retired
USMC Distinguished Marksman
USMC Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Benefactor - Ring of Freedom member
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote