Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 02-10-2011, 02:36 AM   #11
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,158 Posts

I'm like you all, I collect individual shells too. What's funny is I could care less about the headstamps, it's the oddball overshot cards that really get me going. I love the Remington Game Load line with all the different types of birds and animals listed on the cards.

I've got a lot of my more interesting ones lined up in an old gunners box that's got shell holders in it. It's a 10 gauge box so almost everything will fit in it. I've gotta take some pics of my shelves of that sorta thing sometime.

Did a gunshow over the weekend and made a good find for Charlie, a 24 gauge round ball shell made by Remington. I picked up several 28 gauge slugs for myself too, first time I'd ever seen any of those for sale.

Destry

P.S. I agree, those racks are a great idea.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,158 Posts

P.S. I just got a fun one in the mail today. Winchester Ranger, red paper case, star crimp loaded with 2 drams - 2 ounces - #10 shot. Must have been some kind of critter control load made to be really slow and only effective at a short distance. Odd....

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #13
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

you gonna have to take time and take some pictures ofyour shelves...this shell collecting can get in your blood in a hurry...i get a kick out of finding a oddball load or shell...destrey i think you havehit the all time oddball shell loading..with 2 drams of powdwer and 2 oz of shot a fella could probably see the shot traveling through the air...i seen a kinda odd listing on the tube last night..was a full box of remington 16 ga magmums 2 3/4 inch listed like this 3 3/4 drams 1 1/2 ounce i would have bid on them but no picture of the load was given i was afraid he had it listed wrong.. but i should have asked seller..any body here of this loading in 16 ga before.... those 28 ga slugs are rareseen a couple boxes listed for sale before but ive only seen 2 boxes with my own eyes in my life funny thing my dad had them...he traded them off to his brotyer inlaw 50 years ago...his son still has both boxes minus one shell that he gave me....keep a sharp eye out for them oddballs fellas... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
10ga Hammer
PGCA Member

Member Info

How about one with a patent number? 16ga Win Super Speed #2 shot. A friend on the Fox board found a Super-X with the same, plus an advertising blurb for the "Short Shot String".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hull.JPG (413.8 KB, 0 views)
"Double guns are a sport and a pastime built into a beautiful package to which I attach myself when entering the great theater of autumn, those days now grow more precious because we are given so few".. Robin Lacy
Robert Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #15
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

thats a neat old shell it really looks good with that grouse...good picture... thanks charlie
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:00 AM   #16
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

should have said looks nice with the feather...what kind of feather is it.. ive never got to see a grouse before only pictures...maybe just maybe... charlie
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:20 AM   #17
Milton Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

well i havnt got any odd shells yet but heres what i got 10 gauge 3.5 compared to 12 ga 2.75 28ga 2.75 and a 375 h&h from the 80s sitin on overpriced 44 mag box lol

Milton Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #18
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,597 Times in 1,550 Posts

Charlie - Cock Phez breast feather
John Dallas is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #19
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

milt youve got to start some where and looks like your on your way.. if you like 10 ga if you look at how high the brass is on a western record 10 ga magnum brass ishigh on it like the old leader name shell... those feathers are nice....charlie
Unread 02-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #20
10ga Hammer
PGCA Member

Member Info

John, RIGHT YOU ARE!! You obviously know your birds!
"Double guns are a sport and a pastime built into a beautiful package to which I attach myself when entering the great theater of autumn, those days now grow more precious because we are given so few".. Robin Lacy
Robert Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote