Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 12-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #21
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

maybe if the fit isn't just right you could use lubed pach instead of plastic wad theres different sizes of material. And maybe not just a thought. ch
Unread 12-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #22
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

will be hunting with slug loads in the 8 ga parker this evening.... using a 1 7/8 ounce sabout lead slug....settled on 40 grains alliant blue dot powder....very pleasant load to shoot not much recoil...hope to take a deer this evening every thing looks good....weather at about 50 degrees right now will be about 40degees my nightfall should be ideal....will have to keep my range short at about 30 yards have not got to practice much.... only got to shoot it 3 times at all close shots....but will have a load of 00 buckshot as backup in the other barrel....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #23
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,042 Times in 12,322 Posts

I hope you get one!

Shoot straight and often! (that's what my Dad used to say to me when I went out to sit 'til dark)
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #24
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

did not even see a deer dont know what happened...i even carried my lucky knife...which let me down oh well will have to wait a couple weels now to hunt with the 8 ga. our primite weapons season starts in the morning.... charlie ps round ball mould be ordered soon will be getting it from a guy in england 45.00 for the mould and 6.00 to ship...santa should arrive soon with it.....charlie
Unread 12-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #25
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
did not even see a deer dont know what happened...
Charlie, my whole season went like that and I don't know what happened either... except for the buck I couldn't shoot because of snow in my scope.
Unread 12-02-2010, 05:40 PM   #26
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

was feeding my grand daughters horses for her and as i was coming up to my house 2 half grown deer run out in front of me...at least i know i have some young ones coming on........cant go hunting this evening got to watch the grandkids...oh well theres all ways tommorrow....i was like you had a problewm with my scope...i did not have snow in it but the sun was coming up and there stood a mule deer at 40 steps....all i could see was the sun looking through that scope...big mulie said hello and goodbye....thought about that shot many times.....charlie
Unread 12-02-2010, 06:02 PM   #27
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

...or the time in '91 I had a big buck broadside at 35 yards. I put the crosshairs right on his heart and touched off. That buck didn't even flinch! The noise of my rifle shot made him trot off and me, shooting a Ruger No. 1, never had time for a second shot. I noticed a white spot on a 1" thick silver birch sapling over where the buck had been standing.... yup, a nice little hole from my .270 slug went in the front and came out at an angle. I never saw that sapling right behind the vertical line of my crosshairs. To help remind myself of these kinds of errors I cut that section of the sapling and have it to this day.
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #28
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

thats a good story...some times a person just cant see things...seems like some bucks live a charmed life....had a huncle was sighting a new rifle and scope in....he was using his new pickup bed as arest....after sighting rifle ingood he went on home...next day he walked by his truck and seen several bullet holes in the other side of bed...with a few choice words and several words that only GOD his self knows he said some s. o. b. has shot my truck...all day he wondered who was made at him enough to shoot his truck...one of his buddys looked over in the bed of the truck and seen empty shell caseings in the truck bed...he asked wayne whos these were wayne said there mine i zeroed in my rifle yesterday there mine....his freiend told him he was the fella that had shot his truck...the bullet holes were from the inside out...wayne let out some more choice words and swore he would never sight in another rifle over his truck bed... charlie
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #29
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

seen 6 deer this evening not a horn one...deer was feeding on my food plot...all at 35 yards...why could they not have been out there when i had the 8 ga.....still have a few days till i get to hunt with it again.....charlie
Unread 12-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #30
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

My brother was shooting at a groundhog with a Sako .223 Remington about 45 years ago. He was leaning over the front of Papa's new F-150 (our first with air conditioning) and put two little holes through the hood. I have forgotten what happened next....

Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote