Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Unread 02-19-2018, 01:45 PM   #31
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,318 Times in 755 Posts

"The pic that TX provided I see that a couple look very similar the pic is not clear. "
I just added that last pic for perspective. there is only one Parker gun in the pic, and it is the one on the far right.

Keep, shoot and enjoy the gun! Every one of us here, at one time or another, have thought we had acquired a really valuable gun, and then found out different! But, in my case, some of those "disappointment" guns are my favorite shooters!
Unread 02-23-2018, 01:59 AM   #32
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,318 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rios View Post
Absolutely I’m a comic book collector and other gun collectibles as well and I know all about condition that’s how I am so successful in what I do and your right but I’ve seen worse shape ones then this go for more than that. I believe the stock is of the period with out a doubt. My grandfather was not the type to take his guns to get redone he always preserved his own. Like I stated this shotgun has been in my family over 50years I’m not really sure exact but since I was a little kid and I’m almost 50years old this shotgun has always looked the same. I just never really looked at it but since my grandfather has passed many years ago I finally went and shot it this past weekend and it shoots beautifully. Now I can see why it’s been in my family for so many years. Time will tell when I request a letter they have records.
One more “perspective” comment. You state that thr gun has been in your family for 50 years, so,even if has been in your family for 70 years, it was around 75 years old when your Great Grandad got the gun......that is a lot of unknown history, and undoubtedly that gun has had a storied life!! Oh, by the way, I’m still waiting for some long lost relative to hand a Parker, of ANY ilk or condition my way, ahhh but hope springs eternal!