Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Unread 02-15-2019, 09:46 AM   #11
Matt Buckley
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,182 Times in 260 Posts

I have a Parker Reproduction in for case coloring. They have had it over a year and when talking to Lori recently she thought sometime in the next 3-4 months. I don't have any problem waiting a little longer if it turns out looking like the colors of William's gun at the top of the post. They do very good work.
Matt Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Buckley For Your Post:
Unread 02-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #12
Marty K.
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

As a customer having decided who I wanted to do my work all I want to know is how much and when roughly it will be completed...those are both reasonable requests. It really is that simple....then do what you promised....you must be accurate in your determination of when work will be completed and the gun returned...if it's 2 or 3 years then dam it say so.... anything else is not good business no matter how good your work is.....
There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which is all we have, must be payed heavily for their acquiring...They are the very simplest things and because it takes a man's life to know them the little new that each man gets from life is very costly and the only heritage he has to leave.......E. Hemmingway
Marty Kohler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marty Kohler For Your Post:
Unread 02-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #13
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,604 Times in 1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Kohler View Post
As a customer having decided who I wanted to do my work all I want to know is how much and when roughly it will be completed...those are both reasonable requests. It really is that simple....then do what you promised....you must be accurate in your determination of when work will be completed and the gun returned...if it's 2 or 3 years then dam it say so.... anything else is not good business no matter how good your work is.....
Going through that right now with a D grade. Delay after delay followed by the excuses then finally to be delivered at the last fall Tulsa show. Now I hope to have it by the Spring show but I ain't holding my breath.
Randy G Roberts is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #14
BRDHNTR
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,234 Posts

Bachelders under Brad's leadership was very responsive and timely with all the work I sent them. I know from talking with Parker on a number of occasions that they have been working hard to clear a large backlog of work. The last project they did for me was a thorough work effort on my DHE. It took longer than the original estimate and I stayed on them until completion. They should by now have cleaned up their backlog. I will still consider Bachelders to be my first choice. Just remember that Brad was the driving force in their business. Quite suddenly Parker has been thrust into the position of leading their shop. No small challenge for anyone in a highly specialized business without the many years of experience of his father to be there to guide him.
allen newell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to allen newell For Your Post:
Unread 02-15-2019, 10:37 AM   #15
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,604 Times in 1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts View Post
Going through that right now with a D grade. Delay after delay followed by the excuses then finally to be delivered at the last fall Tulsa show. Now I hope to have it by the Spring show but I ain't holding my breath.
I should have clarified that this gun is NOT with the Bachelders.
Randy G Roberts is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2019, 10:47 AM   #16
George "Scott" Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,315 Times in 352 Posts

I've had two barrels done by Parker and they are outstanding!!! They were their almost 9 months but was caused by Brad passing. I recently sent them two more barrels and was told they'd be here by summer. Quality work is a slow process!!!
George Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George Davis For Your Post:
Unread 02-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #17
Keavin Nelson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,235 Times in 441 Posts

The barrels I had Brad do two years ago took almost nine months, but were worth the wait, as I posted on here shows. Unfortunately in Brad's passing they lost their leader and someone who also had great talent, a void very hard to fill.
Unread 02-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #18
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,249 Times in 1,125 Posts

Most of us are too old to wait three years for anything.
todd allen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 02-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #19
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,575 Times in 925 Posts

Forgive a simple detached opinion, But...

This thread is starting to smell a lot like another double gun site that requires disinfectant and a shower after visiting.

Sadly, Brad Bachelder died. His family is still doing great work, and trying to adjust the work load as best they can.

This thread was started as a tribute to their continued great work.

No jOke.
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2019, 01:31 PM   #20
Setter Man
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,636 Times in 634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
Forgive a simple detached opinion, But...

This thread is starting to smell a lot like another double gun site that requires disinfectant and a shower after visiting.

Sadly, Brad Bachelder died. His family is still doing great work, and trying to adjust the work load as best they can.

This thread was started as a tribute to their continued great work.

No jOke.
Thank you. The work Brad did isn't something that could be done by any gun smith, it required years of experience to develop and bringing new guys up to speed isn't something that can be rushed. He was a craftsman. We all appreciated his work, his attention to detail, and for those of us who actually spent time in his shop, he was a great guy.

Unfortunately, he died rather suddenly leaving Parker and Lori to take over everything Brad did along with dealing with their grief. The delays are not the result of being mislead, malfeasance or inattention to detail. I was in their shop last month and they are doing everything to clear the back log and get back on track. They deserve a break.

JDG
Jay Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote