Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books

Notices

China ? NO NO NO.
Unread 03-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
david ross
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default China ? NO NO NO.

I now have three great parker books.
1 The parker gun an immortal american classic by Larry L. Baer.
2 Parker guns the old Reliable by Ed Muderlak.
3 Parker Guns Shooting Flying and the American Experience.
What a wonderful read they all are

1 bound and printed in the USA
3 bound and printed in the USA With pride as it should be

2 bound and printed in USA NO CHINA ?
To me the parker gun is a American icon and the books and all the other things that make the name PARKER a true USA icon should be american not
made in china? At 60 years young my be i'm out of touch
I hope this doe's not offend any one as it is my own opinion
david ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Doesn't bother me one bit--
Unread 03-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Doesn't bother me one bit--

I will NOT own or use a made in : China, Korea, Tibet, Japan_ car, tool etc. They did an article on USA made products on ABC evening news- Levi Strauus jeans, Rawlings and Wilson baseball gloves, Louisville sluggers bats, balls, sports equipment- ONLY the Louisville slugger is still made in the USA today--Best bumper stick I have yet seen about this trend-- WALLY-MART- Where America Buys Its Cheap Chinese-Made Crap!!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post:
Unread 03-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
david ross
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hi Francis.
I really wish more people had your atitude if only folks stopped buying all this cheap foreign rubbish and brought home produced goods.Then we might all be better of and what a good bumper sticker brilliant.
Thanks Dave .
Junk
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Greg Miller CTGunLaw
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Junk

In the 19th century the tongue in cheek coal miners lament was "sold my soul to the Company Store". In the 21st Century the Chinese bought the Company Store.

Having said that, my car keys still say GM. And, last time I checked The Parker Story was published here.
Gregory Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gregory Miller For Your Post:
Visit Gregory Miller's homepage!
Unread 03-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

I well remember the old days when anything "Made In Japan" was strictly forbidden in my house as it was in nearly every home in America for a few decades after VJ Day, and probably still is especially in the homes of those who lost a loved one to that war.

Today we are fighting a different war... the war to keep this country economically alive and to get Americans back to work. It's always good to do business in your own community or town just to keep the local economy healthy. I know that is "old fashioned thinking" but sometimes we just have to get back to our roots. Today, in my home, we're doing our best to buy "Made In USA".
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 07-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
Milton Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Made in japan is different though then made in china . My browning bps is made in japan but no one else makes a pump 10 ga. One reason I plan to learn cadcam and cnc machine at college is.so I can learn to make not good.but great american guns. Nowadays people just want what's cheap and easy but its not working for us . Then again from what I read made in america isn't working for the new ithaca.
Milton Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milton Starr For Your Post:
Unread 07-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #7
Bill Faulk
Banned

Member Info

We will never have a war with China..they could never drop a bomb here as they probably would destroy their own properties..what a disgrace !
william faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to william faulk For Your Post:
Cad-Cam- all good
Unread 07-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Cad-Cam- all good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Starr View Post
Made in japan is different though then made in china . My browning bps is made in japan but no one else makes a pump 10 ga. One reason I plan to learn cadcam and cnc machine at college is.so I can learn to make not good.but great american guns. Nowadays people just want what's cheap and easy but its not working for us . Then again from what I read made in america isn't working for the new ithaca.
-- Times have changed- when my late Granddad did his apprenticeship as a machinist-he got a rough cube of HRS, a bench vise (Parker & Snow) set of files (Nicholson) and a Try-Square (Starrett or Stanley) and he had to file to a dead perfect cube- no gaps anywhere along the blade of the square--Cad-Cam and CNC machining (Cincinnati, Bridgeport- etc.) all have advanced the tool & die industry- I hope you will find a good skilled trade job, Milt- after you finish that much needed education in today's world- I have seen and shot some of the Japanese Browning guns- also the Parker repros- they are good as copying the originals, witness the great German optics now copied at lower cost in Japan and China and marketed by Cabela's and other Big Volume stores-

Today, we lose new hunters to the changing world- PETA, anti-gun, less available farmlands- in the Soil Bank and CRP days, with smaller farms dotting our heartland, not too difficult to get permission to hunt- today, the smaller farm era is gone- large corporate farms are the norm in many places, and some hunting is becoming like in England and Europe- the pleasure of the very rich- Likewise, the niche for older side-by-sides and other fine weapons of our forebearers is a diminishing segment- some of us collect and treasure such things, as they bring back memories in our hands of days we will never see again- my late father used to tell me, when I was about 12 and by then an avid bird and duck hunter- "Son, enjoy this privilege of being on a farmer's land, 20 years or so from now, it will be a golf course or a apartment complex-" I didn't want to believe him then, but he was right-
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post:
Unread 07-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
david ross
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Starr View Post
Hi Milton.
If you like guns made in japan all well and good each to there own as they
say. I hope you do well in college and do make great american guns you never
know i may buy one.As for the ithaca i have a old 1967 -37 pump and i just
love that old gun i hope the new one will make it ithaca really deserve to they
are great American guns.
All the best Dave.
Unread 07-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #10
Milton Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Ithink though most americans wont pay the price it cost make a gun here with machined not stamped parts. Well except people who hunted at the plantation. Im not to worried about gums disappearing . There are some 80 million guns In the US I as ive read it.also there was a servey. In the U.K 75% of.people didn't agree with hunting. Now in the usa 75% said it didn't bother them. I have a neighbor who has a large collection of guns and he is a coach on a skeet shotgun team. He acts like he should only have.guns kinda like the hunting for the rich you mentioned. The machine shop teacher here builds scaled models of steam engines for a hobby. Pretty smart guy
Milton Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Milton Starr For Your Post: