Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-25-2020, 12:22 PM   #11
Kirk Potter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Harlow View Post
Sears Catalogue:

"OUR GLOBE SIGHT FURNISHED FREE WITH ALL PARKER SHOTGUNS."
Anyone ever seen one of them from Sears?

And the $100 DH "Doctors Grade/Gun" sold for $72.85? Quite a discount from Sears. Others with big discounts as well. I guess no one paid full price unless ordered directly from Parker?
Parker pricing can be confusing. I had a 1907 VH that sold for $50.. Also own a 1917 PH that sold for $27.
Kirk Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2020, 12:26 PM   #12
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,177 Times in 631 Posts

I saw that one as well. Seems like it has been for sale for at least a month. Not too long ago Collectors Firearms out of Houston had a Parker(lifter I think) listed as nitro proofed. I also saw the one Milton posted and do like how those barrels were refinished.

I have always wanted a PH with twist barrels and just picked up a #2 frame 12 gauge this past weekend. I will post some pictures in another thread. A fair amount of twist pattern is still on the barrels.
Jay Oliver is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #13
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,001 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Oliver View Post
I saw that one as well. Seems like it has been for sale for at least a month. Not too long ago Collectors Firearms out of Houston had a Parker(lifter I think) listed as nitro proofed. I also saw the one Milton posted and do like how those barrels were refinished.

I have always wanted a PH with twist barrels and just picked up a #2 frame 12 gauge this past weekend. I will post some pictures in another thread. A fair amount of twist pattern is still on the barrels.
All the Parker twist patterns I have seen the colors weren't that saturated .
I like it but it looks "off" from all the other Parker twist barrels ive seen. Perhaps who have had them done requested them to look like that .

Ive put a deposit on a 10 ga NH , not that one but one I think is alot nicer to me personally .

Ive thought of picking up a PH 16 later in the year , theres one on GB that weighs 5/15 . I havnt seen many sub 6lb 16 gauges .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milton C Starr For Your Post: