Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

MEC 9000 on the way
Unread 08-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #1
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,246 Times in 1,201 Posts

Default MEC 9000 on the way

My MEC 9000 Progressive press is getting old and has loaded umpteen thousand 12-gauge shells, and while still working ok I was/am having to fiddle with the adjustments from time. Back in February I decided to get a new 12-gauge progressive and ordered an interchangeable head 12/20 press from another company. A shooting friend spoke often and well of that brand and while I had good service from my MEC I thought I'd do an upgrade. That was after taking with their people and being assured repeatedly that it would be 8 week delivery. At that time the rep told me they were working on orders from November. Well the 8 weeks came and went and during several follow-up calls I heard about their one machinist who quit, can't get materials, overload of orders, can't tell me when I'll get the press, etc etc. Also that the company was still "working on orders from November". Yeah right. Net, I didn't have much confidence in its ability to deliver, and so I cancelled the order.

Then I moved to getting a new MEC. All the on-line distributors showed out of stock on 9000's and so I went ahead to talk directly with MEC. The rep gave me a 8-10 week delivery promise on a new 9000 GN and I placed an order in late May. I called two weeks ago and was told it was still on track and yesterday I got a shipping notice the press is on the way to me.

Such are the times today but despite everything going on MEC came through as promised!
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote