Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Unread 11-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #41
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,544 Times in 3,106 Posts

I thought Bruce was kidding when he said that, but maybe not.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Shoots Great
Unread 11-17-2011, 03:15 AM   #42
Rocky Nivison
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Shoots Great

Sawing off the stock and 18” of barrels turned it into the perfect quail gun with high brass and 2 fingers. It will cover every inch of a double barn door with 1 shot and 2 shells low brass from 20 feet. Besides I never would have been able to keep a priceless museum peace like that in the family. Now that it’s worthless again the grand kids will love it and a burglar would go through a sliding glass door without even opening it when they see mama with this thing. I’m going to put a sling swivel on the forearm and hook a bungee cord to my belt before I try it with high brass to keep the rabbit ears from hitting me between mine. If you can get it legalized for bird hunting I’ll bet it can knock down at least 10 birds with 1 shot 2 shells. Put a shock in the stock you could leave the barrels long and wouldn't need but 1 trigger 1 shot 2 shells. Use the thumb switch for 1 or 2 shots at a time. That way you would have the fastest and most accurate shotguns in the world. Just kidding. So what do you think the blue book value on something like this old 2 finger 1 shot 2 shell rabbit ear is? I still need to find the model and year of production but figure you all are probably tired of fooling with this thing not being a Parker and understand if you don't want to.

Last edited by Rocky Nivison; 11-17-2011 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: Fun
Rocky Nivison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #43
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

rocky i think leave grand pas gun alone...it is what it is acrown jewel of the famiy...something to be treasured and admired.it dont matter the condition of the gun be it junk or a high condition gun..i would treasure it in any kind of condition... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #44
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,835 Times in 2,362 Posts

The original gun that started this thread was made either by J. Stevens Arms & Tool Co., prior to WW-I, or J. Stevens Arms Co., after The Great War. Two guns designed by Stevens' designer, George S. Lewis, were introduced in the the J. Stevens Arms & Tool Co. General Catalog No. 54. A hammer double called the Riverside Arms Co. No. 215 was based on U.S. Patent No. 1,086,378 granted Feb 10, 1914; and a hammerless double called the Riverside Arms Co. No. 315 was based on U.S. Patent No. 1,136,247 granted Apr. 20, 1915. Both of these designed featured the use of coil springs. J. Stevens Arms & Tool Co. decided to market these lower priced guns under the Riverside Arms Co. name rather than detract from the Stevens name. Both of these guns continued to be made after The Great War, but about 1928/9 the J. Stevens Arms Co. changed the name of their low priced line from Riverside to Springfield Arms Co. The hammer gun No. 215 continued to be offered through the June 1932 price list, but is gone by the 1933 catalogues and price lists. In addition to being marked Riverside or Springfield, Stevens made and marked these guns for numerous hardware chains and mail order houses.
Dave Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Noreen For Your Post:
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #45
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,271 Times in 2,426 Posts

Dave,
You truly amaze me with your factoids. Thank you. I never get tired of reading your posts no matter what site they are on.
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
I thought it was a Remington
Unread 11-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #46
Rocky Nivison
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default I thought it was a Remington

Thanks, everyone
What can I say, to be Frank also, I’m not a collector and never heard of Parker either, since they stopped publishing the sears catalog, I can’t keep up with things like that anymore. It was fun.

God only knows how much I hate a planted pine for the harm it has on the forest for there has never been a word written worth reading or an ass wiped worth saving from the paper it makes and it is the most flammable building material on the planet. It offers nothing but harm for both plant and animal. Rocky Darwin Nivison

Last edited by Rocky Nivison; 11-18-2011 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: Added words for thought
Rocky Nivison is offline   Reply With Quote