Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Unread 02-02-2016, 02:20 PM   #21
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

One more possibility comes to mind - replacement screw. Dean is correct. When leaving the factory, the screws are in line with either the long axis or vertical axis, with the exception of a few that are at 45 degrees to the long axis and those are somewhat intuitive. These pics are from the Grades Tab on our site - not mine (I wish ! ) Any of the standard screws not in this alignment have been completely replaced with a problematic screw or they have been removed and not returned to correct location or correct final resting position if in correct location. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it unless of course proven otherwise. Never say never. Never say always but... there is a high degree of probability this might be the case. Cheers, Jack

Unread 02-02-2016, 03:26 PM   #22
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John J Sundelin View Post
... It appears as though the left was over tightened at some point. I haven"t researched a fix for that yet...John
John: Is the screw quite loose if you back it off to correct alignment? Probably, but not necessarily.

If it is loose, I've seen them shimmed with a thin washer made from soda can aluminum. And professional repair is always an option. Cheers, Jack
Unread 02-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #23
Jeremy Pinsly
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hi John---I'm late to this thread, but I live in North Kingstown and visit Addieville and my friends at Robin Hollow regularly. If you are ever interested in heading up there to shoot, let me know.

I am a member of Narragansett Gun Club, and you are always welcome to try your luck at trap, skeet and 5 stand there.

Best regards,
Jeremy
Jeremy Pinsly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy Pinsly For Your Post:
Unread 02-18-2016, 08:49 PM   #24
John J Sundelin
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Pinsly View Post
Hi John---I'm late to this thread, but I live in North Kingstown and visit Addieville and my friends at Robin Hollow regularly. If you are ever interested in heading up there to shoot, let me know.

I am a member of Narragansett Gun Club, and you are always welcome to try your luck at trap, skeet and 5 stand there.

Best regards,
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy, Thanks for the invites. I shot a little trap at Narraganset years ago, it's about 10 minutes from me. I think I still have a couple trap tickets around here somewhere and would love to try it again. Would like to try Addieville also. I am hoping to make the fun shoot in April with my VH if I can get all the oil out of the stock. I am hoping to take a turkey with this spring also. When the weather gets a little better we should get together. I live in West Greenwich.
Thanks again, John
John J Sundelin is offline   Reply With Quote