Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 09-27-2017, 09:19 PM   #11
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,365 Posts

Congratulations to team Parker. There is only one name on the team I recognize, I guess I need to get out more.
Unread 09-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #12
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,718 Posts

So, as I understand it, only six people shot the qualifying rounds? There must have been a couple of AHFCA Board Members who did not participate.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 09-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #13
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,244 Times in 1,201 Posts

For perspective: in 2010 at Pintail Point just down the road from Hopkins, 23 Fox shooters vied in the Ansley H Fox Championship. That's just the count of those who signed up and paid $15.00 extra per gun besides the cost of the 50 bird American Classic event. I don't have the exact 2010 Fox membership number but it was probably about 250 at that time. Hence about 9% of the Fox members stepped up to compete. Food for thought by those organizing S x S shoots ..... there's a percentage of the collector associations' rosters that do enjoy competition shooting, but there must be something that "adds value" to being at the X, Y or Z shoot when one considers the money spent on travel, hotels, food and shooting multiple sub events at something like $1.00 per clay. IMO, just organizing a SxS shoot with limited vendors and likely low attendance by buds in your organization ain't gonna cut it for most who have to travel any distance.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 09-29-2017, 11:09 AM   #14
TOOL MAN
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,918 Times in 420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
So, as I understand it, only six people shot the qualifying rounds? There must have been a couple of AHFCA Board Members who did not participate.
Bill, you needn't worry about the participation index of the FOX BOD's. As always, they lived up to their mantra of "get the job done!" As for me, my legs were sliced to ribbons last week after 3 days of surgical procedures thus, a 6 -hour drive was out of the question.

Since this event was more or less in your back forty I'm assuming you attended all three days? I was a bit concerned there were no pics posted of you assisting Jim and/or Kevin in the Parker/Fox booths? Must have been a slow day on the "research" front? Nevertheless, would love to hear your first hand impressions of the event?

Incidentally, I'm sure you're aware of my prowess behind a set of drums? FYI, I'm in the process of reforming my legendary swing ensemble "BIG WIND from WINNETKA" and think you'd be perfect for lead trumpet. PM me if you have any interest. Would love to chat.

Warmest regards,

Ansley H.
Unread 09-29-2017, 07:37 PM   #15
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

As Kevin can tell you, I am in the middle of a very involved move from my home of 44 years. I am very sorry that I can't attend any shoots during this move. I am sick that I can't participate and haven't been able to participate for a few years because of surgeries and slow recoveries. However, remember that I have been a thorn in the side of board members in past years, probably more of a thorn than you will ever be. Never think that I am satisfied with the behavior or our board in all situations. As pertaining to your second paragraph in the latest post, kiss my ass. I have been to more side by side events than you will ever dream of.
Unread 09-29-2017, 08:10 PM   #16
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I would not be disappointed if my post were posted on the AHFCA website, but I won't post it there. If someone wants to link it there, I would approve.
Unread 09-30-2017, 07:08 AM   #17
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,040 Times in 12,321 Posts

Bill, I think you should run for a soon to be vacant board position.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 09-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #18
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanks for the idea, Dean, but I've been through all that before with the AHFCA BOD. No thanks.
Unread 09-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #19
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Come on Bill run, hell I'd probably pony up the life membership just to vote for you.