Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 06-01-2015, 08:54 PM   #91
Allan McLane
PGCA Member

Member Info

Matt, you have to agree that camping isn't fraught with such monumental decision making.

Harold, I hope the above means that you've damned the abcess and will join us for camping. Fair warning though: this EMT doesn't do dental work!
allan.mclane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2015, 09:06 PM   #92
bill grill
PGCA Member

Member Info

There are still rooms at Montrose Inn. I got one just now.
bill grill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #93
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,910 Times in 534 Posts

Me and Matt Valinsky had a great time camping!...good weather for the shoot and the camping. It was good to meet all the SXS shooters from PGCA and yes the Fox boys too. I shot a GHE-20 for the challenge qualifier but only scratched down 29 targets, we only counted the ones that broke from in flight pellet damage! ...should have had my 16. I shot a 30 with my CSMC DE-28 on the small bore course. Next year I will bring a bigger cannon for the Parker shoot! The camping was great fun and the cot made for good sleeping. The fellers who stayed in town missed out on the night life you get when camping...lots of show and tell, single barrel, T-bones, burgers and more. We stayed saterday night and the sky was filled with stars like you never see at home...awesome indeed. Next year we might even get one those hot water shower set ups...(-: Thanks to all who made this happen, it was a great time indeed! SXS ohio
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post:
Unread 06-08-2015, 08:08 AM   #94
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,228 Times in 12,374 Posts

Kenny, it was good to meet you as well and to finally put a face on your name.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2015, 09:18 AM   #95
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,828 Times in 2,017 Posts

Absolutely, I was camped next to Kenny and Matt, and had a great time. Sure, I missed the BS sessions back at the hotel, but it was really relaxing. Edgar and Allen were camped there also, and everyone shared their spirits, food, and the talk was great. Dean, Dave, and Larry had a canopy set up below mine where they could rest a little when they were not working in the Parker-Fox tent or shooting yhe course - thanks guys for all your hard work and dedication.. I met the boys from New Hampshire, Scott, Bill ,Frank, and Pete and tagged along with them shooting--someone has to be low gun. no wonder those New hampshire boys ran the British out in the Revolutionary war-they can really shoot. It was good to see Daryl Corona back on his feet, and knee surgery certainly didnt slow down his gun swing
I loved the small bore course, and shot it well( for me), but the 12 bore course was quite humbling, leaving alot of good shooters grumbling. I may just leave the 12's at home next time. Sorry to say that was probably the last major shoot of the year, but will continue to shoot locally.
Unread 06-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #96
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,803 Times in 1,369 Posts

It was great to meet you too Harold and I enjoyed shooting with you as well. We had great weather and nice time all around.
Unread 06-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #97
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,291 Times in 861 Posts

I had a superb time, though not because of the well maintained course, fresh batteries or new controllers. NOT....
But the best part of that shoot is the camaraderie. Wonderful to meet SXS Ohio and his sidekick Matt. Great to see the NH shooters. I agree Harold, the NH boys can shoot like he__. (edited for the Mean Moderator).
Great to see the Michigan boys.
Daryl was in great shooting form and let me buy a Fox from him- 30 inch Gen-1 A grade which performed well at the Rock.
It is impressive how far some of our members travel for the NE SXS.
The list of great PGCA people there at HHH goes on and on, but as someone said above- its is a great place to finally put names to faces and vice versa. .....And it wouldn't hurt to have an official PGCA nametag that us regular folks could buy.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to George M. Purtill For Your Post:
Unread 06-08-2015, 09:57 PM   #98
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,828 Times in 2,017 Posts

I did notice that many did have PGCA nametags, but I never asked where they got them. Very handy for one who often has a hard time remembering names and where he left that Parker laying--anybody seen my DHE 16?
Unread 06-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #99
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,536 Times in 4,621 Posts

I always save all the name tags I can my hands on to use at gun shows and events. They come in handy. I know last year at Ernie's the PGCA table had tangs out for people to fill out. Others likely kept them.

By the way, I ended up bringing a pet home from Ernie's. A tick that my wife had to remove from the back of my leg on Sunday morning. Check yourselves over guys!
Unread 06-08-2015, 10:45 PM   #100
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,228 Times in 12,374 Posts

I don't need any PA hitch-hikers... we have enough resident ticks here already.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: