Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Not Long Now....
Unread 08-29-2021, 09:19 AM   #1
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

Default Not Long Now....

I gotta find my hat......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1630242075028.jpg (151.1 KB, 9 views)
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2021, 10:50 AM   #2
Jeff K.
PGCA Lifetime

Admin

Member Info

Thanked 2,793 Times in 651 Posts

Destry,
Are you headed for southern Illinois?
Jeff Kuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2021, 10:53 AM   #3
Keith Doty
PGCA Member

Member Info

It's that time! We brushed up a blind for teal yesterday in Garwood, Tx, opens the 11th. I made sure to bang out my hip waders carefully before stuffing my feet in, no telling what may have taken up residence since January. Nearly had to fight my 10 year old lab to get out the door at 5 AM without her.
Today's chore is to get gear dug out and ready for a 3 day White wing hunt in Hondo this coming weekend. Gotta put hands on my dog gear, water bowls, etc. Could almost detect a bit of "cool" in the breeze this morning when the dogs went to their kennel.
Keith Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keith Doty For Your Post:
Unread 08-30-2021, 09:28 AM   #4
Dunnigun
Forum Associate

Member Info

Yesterday it was a buck 6 and I had plenty of walk-up water in the duck habitat for the doves AND the neighbor just cut sunflowers. Never seen so many birds; and now the sad news...it will be 86 on the opener with an overnight low of 52°. Bye-Bye Birdie!
Brian Stucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Hondo
Unread 08-30-2021, 06:27 PM   #5
neill mcinnis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Hondo

Keith,
I travel to San Antonio for the world skeet championship each year for 20yrs and a couple of us from North Carolina will pick a day to go dove hunting. We typically go to Hondo and shoot with Richard. Big time! I just noticed you mentioned Hondo and had to chirp in. Hope to return this October.
Neill McInnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Doty View Post
It's that time! We brushed up a blind for teal yesterday in Garwood, Tx, opens the 11th. I made sure to bang out my hip waders carefully before stuffing my feet in, no telling what may have taken up residence since January. Nearly had to fight my 10 year old lab to get out the door at 5 AM without her.
Today's chore is to get gear dug out and ready for a 3 day White wing hunt in Hondo this coming weekend. Gotta put hands on my dog gear, water bowls, etc. Could almost detect a bit of "cool" in the breeze this morning when the dogs went to their kennel.
Unread 08-30-2021, 08:59 PM   #6
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

I've got a dove invite down at home but family issues are going to prevent Dad going along and I can't make myself go without him. So I'll likely try for something over in Ontario during the early goose season starting the 9th.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2021, 09:50 PM   #7
Bruce Hering
PGCA Member

Member Info

Looks like the "storm" will have worked its way out a good bit over the part of middle TN where I'll be headed for. Likely be a wet day on the drive down, and once there it will be wet but the rain prediction for Wednesday has dropped to almost nothing.

Did sign the paperwork today for the new to me VH 20ga. but will not be able to take it with. Pick it up as soon as I get back on Thursday.

Everyone have a good shoot....

EDIT: Just got the OK (9:30 tonight) from a friend down the road to hunt their place later in the week. There are a ton of doves on a power line running through his place that I saw this afternoon with a water hole.... Look out VH... the time has come, I think.
Southeastern Illinois College
AMM 761
Bruce Hering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Hering For Your Post:
Unread 08-30-2021, 10:57 PM   #8
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,135 Posts

We will be set up on the west side of my house, that is a pretty consistent and reliable flyway for the doves around here.
1st day will be with a little Ithaca .410 double. Might slip in a Parker 16 hammer gun.
New pup is breaking in, BTW.
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 08-31-2021, 03:04 PM   #9
Bruce Hering
PGCA Member

Member Info

On my way out the door headed for Nashville, TN for tonight and then tomorrow on to the hunt out near Cookeville. Could be a little wet but we shall see.....

Again, good luck everyone.
Southeastern Illinois College
AMM 761
Bruce Hering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Hering For Your Post: