Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums PGCA Member Questions & Announcements

Notices

Editor Position Available - Seeking Applicants
Unread 03-05-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,039 Times in 12,321 Posts

Default Editor Position Available - Seeking Applicants

The PGCA is actively soliciting for a new editor of Parker Pages.
Applicants must be willing to begin a rather short ‘apprenticeship’ very soon so that he or she will be ready to take the helm for the January 15, 2020 deadline for the Spring 2020 Issue.

As I had stated in my editorial in the Spring 2019 Issue, I will continue as editor through the publication of Volume 26, Issue 4 – the Winter 2019 Issue. Until then I will be actively communicating with and ‘training’ my successor.

I am currently preparing a list of guidelines and responsibilities to be sent to applicants so that they will know what the duties of the editor are. The job is not hard but it requires self-discipline - it is as time-consuming as the new editor wishes to make it. Being editor of Parker Pages is very rewarding and I have enjoyed it very much. It definitely will open new doors for him/her.

I wish to take this opportunity to say “Thank You” to everybody who has reached out to me, both on the forum here and in private messages and emails, expressing their thanks and well-wishes. Many of these I have answered but I may have missed replying and thanking one or two, so please accept my apology, and my sincere thanks.

Those contemplating being our new editor and wishing to know more and to receive the list of guidelines and responsibilities, please contact me either by telephone – 978-621-9338 (cell) – or by email at dsromig@aol.com
Or if you prefer, you may contact any of our BOD members. Their contact information can be found inside the front cover of recent issues of Parker Pages.

Hoping to hear from you!
Dean

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,667 Times in 2,628 Posts

Dean, thanks for all the time and effort you put into making Parker Pages the success it is. I always look forward to perusing each issue. Well done brother!
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 03-06-2019, 06:19 AM   #3
Frank Childrey
PGCA Member

Member Info

I hope the new editor will continue and maintain the high standards that you have established for the publication.
Frank Childrey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Childrey For Your Post:
Unread 03-06-2019, 07:30 AM   #4
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,247 Times in 1,227 Posts

I hope some of our very talented members are giving this serious consideration. You would be joining a special group of gentlemen who have guided the Parker Pages to where it is today. If you have had a desire to become more involved in the PGCA, this may be your opportunity. And I believe the rewards will far outweigh the demands.

"Oh Christ, just shoot the damn thing."
Destry L. Hoffard
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Davis For Your Post:
Unread 03-06-2019, 08:51 AM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Childrey View Post
I hope the new editor will continue and maintain the high standards that you have established for the publication.

Thank you for the compliment Frank. Those stantards were established long before I came on board with Parker Pages. I simply continued with the standards that were in place.

And I need to reiterate that the wonderful appearance of our color glossy magazine journal are more because of the talents of Brandon Hoffman, layout artist at our publisher Village Press, and those of my predecessor Austin Hogan. They both have made me look good.

Unread 03-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #6
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thought I'd bring this back to the top. We hope some folks are giving it some serious consideration.

Thanks Very Much!

Unread 03-27-2019, 12:14 PM   #7
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

To date, nobody has even contacted me asking what is involved in editing Parker Pages.

We had hoped someone (or hopefully, even a few members) would have contacted myself or a BOD member or officer.

Folks, it's not hard and it certainly isn't "rocket science" and is perfect for the retired guy who has some time on his hands.

Please give me a call on my cell at 978-621-9338 or shoot me an email... or contact anyone else on the BOD if you have an interest in helping your PGCA as editor of Parker Pages.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 04-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #8
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

So far, one person has expressed an interest in exactly what the responsibilities of the editor are... so I composed an overview of those responsibilities and sent it to him as an attachment to an email. I can now send it to anyone who is interested in reading it. Simply shoot me an email at dsromig@aol.com and I'll send it to you - no strings attached. Your interest in this "overview" does not constitute you being a volunteer... But I certainly hope somebody steps up.

Thanks, Dean

Unread 04-24-2019, 10:15 PM   #9
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Back to the top.

Please click on this link... http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthr...ghlight=editor

We hope everyone understands the gravity of this situation. We need someone to step up and commit to taking on the editorship of Parker Pages.

Please contact me if you're at all interested and I will be glad to send you the document I recently wrote, "Responsibilities of the Editor" which explains in detail what the editor "does" and how he does it.

Thanks Very Much
Dean

Unread 05-13-2019, 10:43 PM   #10
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Back to the top.

We have had no members, other than the three I mentioned on another thread, interested enough to ask me to send them my "Responsibilities of the Editor of Parker Pages".

Asking to read this document does not constitute an offer to volunteer to be editor - but it is a bit of an education in how each issue of Parker Pages comes to fruition.

But, the position is still open as I will no longer be editor after the Winter 2019 Issue.

Best, Dean

The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: