Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-24-2022, 07:26 AM   #51
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,976 Times in 1,126 Posts

I have tried to use CompOnes for years because of their proven low pressures. I have given up in every gun except for my external hammer guns. I've tried them in a Perazzi, a BSS, numerous AH Foxes, and several others. All of them are prone to a very high rate of misfires due to light primer hits. My hammer guns will detonate them 100% of the time, so I've relegated the rest of the two flats I bought to those guns.

I'd be interested in hearing of others' incidences of failure to fire with them. Mike K. once told me that he had also seen several instances of it at his range. I'd love to be able to use them in more of my guns, but they just seat too deeply in the chambers for reliable ignition.
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Hillis For Your Post:
Unread 01-25-2022, 08:17 AM   #52
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Stan I have never had a fail to fire with Comp 1 shells in Parker’s . To be honest though have not used over a couple flats in one Parker a tight VH. Liking the shell went to reloaded duplicate ballistics with AA hulls.

I have used many Italian shells in modern guns, if they are available buy to conserve scarce components. Weak point on all is the rim. Good example I owned a Remington 31 16 G pump. Used Cheddites mostly to obtain empty’s to cut down for my Parker 16s some say 31 was the best pump, may or may not be true but it would not extract Cheddite hulls well. Beretta gas operated guns handle them fine. Europeans don’t reload much, durable case not needed

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2022, 10:32 AM   #53
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,871 Times in 4,755 Posts

Mike P., what you are saying is that the B&P website that says "Everything" is out of stock is not quite telling the truth. "Out of stock" means we have plenty to sell you two flats? The prices are not off the charts compared to some.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2022, 11:03 AM   #54
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,469 Times in 971 Posts

There is a lot of talk about total lack of ammunition, and I understand RST is having a big problem now, but my experience is that there is a lot of 12g ammo out there to buy. I think the biggest problem is people want it for $80 a flat. In the past month I have gotten Gun Club Lite, Federal Top Gun Lite, Fiocchi's in a variety of flavors, BP, Nobelsport Italia and Cheddite Mach 3 (a real screamer). With shipping the most I've paid is $17 a box, the least $11 a box. I split this with other guys to spread shipping costs out. I think that's the place we're in now with price. Your mileage WILL vary for 16g, 20g and 28g and forget about .410.
Unread 01-27-2022, 04:08 PM   #55
Mike Poindexter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Murph, when I got the tip on the 23rd I went straight to the Able Ammo website and found the 7/8 oz 7 1/2's still there, but the 8's all gone. I posted the link here after I made the order. I suspect that they may have sold out shortly after that. I never looked at the B&P site. Who knows?
Mike Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2022, 04:32 PM   #56
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,469 Times in 971 Posts

They went quick because I ordered 3 flats (they said they had 167 left) but they called ten minutes later saying they were all gone.