Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 08-21-2016, 07:43 AM   #11
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,306 Times in 4,411 Posts

It will be the quality inn
Mills Morrison is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 08-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #12
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,674 Times in 2,633 Posts

When we were down 2 years ago we had a blast!! Even found a sushi joint on Main St in Georgetown. Did Pawley's Island too. Had a mini high school class reunion as we have a group of friends who got together from Pawley's, Charleston and Myrtle Beach. Good times!!
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Parker 28ga collection
Unread 09-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #13
C grade
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,233 Times in 454 Posts

Default Parker 28ga collection

I just confirmed with Eric Klein that he is bringing his 28a vertical collection up to Backwoods for display Friday and Saturday. He will also bring a couple of duplicates ,. This is a stunning collection and Erik is a great guy. He has, IMHO, the finest American doubles collection in the world.
David
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to David Dwyer For Your Post:
Rules for Parker / LC Smith events
Unread 09-22-2016, 11:22 AM   #14
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Default Rules for Parker / LC Smith events

Fall Southern Side By Side
Challenge Rules

My how time flies! We’re only a month away from this great event, and I thought I’d post a refresher on the rules for the Challenge Events. No significant changes from last year.

LC Smith vs Parker 5 Stand Challenge Event-

Qualifying- Qualifying for this event will take place between Thursday noon, Oct. 20th , and Saturday afternoon October 22nd.
A qualifying venue 5 Stand will be set up in the same location as last year that you can shoot as many times as you desire, with your highest score being your qualifying attempt.

Team Make-Up- Team Parker and Team LC Smith will each consist of 2 squads of 5 shooters (10 persons total per team). One squad will consist of the 5 highest qualifying scores for each team, and it will be designated before consideration is given toward the make up of the second Concurrent Special Slot Squad for each team.

The Special Slot Squad for each team will consist of:

1) The Junior shooter ( 18 years old or younger) with the highest qualifying score.
2) The Lady shooter with the highest qualifying score.
3) The Senior shooter (At least 60 years old but less than 70) with the highest qualifying score.
4) The Super Senior shooter (70 years old or older) with the highest qualifying score.
5) One Wild Card Draw Shooter. This shooter will be chosen from all who attempted to qualify, but did not otherwise make their team. The name of the Wild Card Draw shooter will be randomly drawn from a hat by Rick Hemingway just prior to the shoot-off. In the event that the chosen candidate is unable to shoot for their team for any reason, Rick will pick an alternate whose qualifying score was equal to or less than the originally drawn name.

After the squad consisting of the 5 highest qualifying scores for each team has been designated, the Special Slot Squad will be designated. In the event that either team is unable to field any of the Special Slot Squad positions, Rick Hemingway will designate a shooter for that position whose qualifying score is either equal to or less than the qualifying score of the opposing teams properly filled position. Rick will make these decisions without input from either team.

Final Shoot-off- The final shoot-off for the 5 Stand Challenge Event will be at a time yet to be determined Saturday afternoon. Trophy’s will be distributed to the winning team immediately following the shoot-off.

American Classic Trap Challenge Event- This event is open to teams from all American manufacturers.

This event will be run exactly as last year. 50 target qualifier with winning team chosen by the top 5 highest qualifying scores from each team. There will not be a shoot-off for the Trap Challenge.

Qualifying -One can attempt to qualify as many times as desired, with your highest score being your qualifying attempt. Qualifying will begin Thursday morning, and conclude Saturday afternoon in conjunction with the end of qualifying for the 5 Stand Challenge event.

Lc Smith vs Parker Hammer-Gun Challenge Event-

This challenge event will be contested between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm on Sunday. The rules will be the same as for the Trap Challenge, except that there will only be 30 targets per qualifying attempt, and qualifying will take place with new targets on the 5-Stand challenge venue. The winning team and HOA shooter will be recognized at the General Awards Ceremony on Sunday afternoon.

Fees-

Target Fees- 5 Stand Challenge, 30 targets each, $15.00 per attempt, Thurs, Fri, Sat.
Hammer-Gun Challenge, 30 targets, $15.00 per attempt, Sunday only
Trap Challenge, 50 targets each, $25.00 per attempt., Thurs, Fri, Sat.

Event Entry/Trophy Fees- Each shooter must pay a single entry/trophy fee of $15.00 for each of the challenge events in which they participate. For example, if a shooter was to participate in both the Trap and 5-stand Challenges, they would have to pay a single entry fee of $30.00, regardless of how many times they attempted to qualify.

Sponsorships- As last year, we are gladly accepting Corporate Sponsorships of $50.00 each, and Individual Sponsorships of $25.00 each. If you care to participate, please make out your check to Backwoods Quail Club, and write 2015 Fall Classic Challenge Sponsorship on the Note line. Please mail your sponsorship check to:

Backwoods Quail Club
647 Hemingway Lane
Georgetown, SC 29440

Wishing everyone a safe trip, and lots of practice, before this great weekend!
See you in Georgetown!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 09-28-2016, 04:15 PM   #15
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Now that the Rock and the Vintagers are over, I hope everyone is getting ready to come to Georgetown for the Fall Southern.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 09-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #16
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills Morrison View Post
Now that the Rock and the Vintagers are over, I hope everyone is getting ready to come to Georgetown for the Fall Southern.
Wish I could....!
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2016, 05:55 PM   #17
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,575 Times in 925 Posts

A great club.
A great event.
Great vendors
Great People.
Great seafood.
Great weather.

I won't miss it!

UNLESS this Hurricane Matthew mess has made a muck of things... Does Mills have any updates??
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Campbell For Your Post:
Unread 10-09-2016, 06:02 PM   #18
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

At this time, the Fall Southern has been cancelled. Please keep Rick and Backwoods in your thoughts and prayers as they sustained heavy damage.

We were more fortunate and had minor damage
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 10-10-2016, 08:00 AM   #19
C grade
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,233 Times in 454 Posts

The coast of SC is a mess!! No power and therefor no gas anywhere. This will take a while to clean up, in my case probably months. Rick called me this morning and is is the same conditions as me. If you remember the 5 stand,it is now in the middle of the road!

I NEED TO SHOOT some clays. Anyone interested in Drakes landing in Nov, maybe a day at The Pond thrown in??
David
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #20
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,291 Times in 861 Posts

David I am sorry for the destruction you all have suffered.
I'm coming to Kiawah in early November and if their course wasn't destroyed we could get together to shoot there. My son Henry will come down from Clemson and bring guns.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote