Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Any rhyme or reason to the reproduction guns' serial numbers?
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Walt Kowalski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Any rhyme or reason to the reproduction guns' serial numbers?

I know they were all manufactured in the 80's sometime ('85 through '89) or so.
Reason I am interested is that I'm considering buying one.
For instance, in a certain gauge, did they begin with 20-0000, or 12-0001 etc.?
Just wondering if there is any "list" of dates like the one on the PGCA website that applies to manufacture dates of the repros...thanks!
(I just want to be armed with as much info as possible before purchasing one of these beauties!)
(I got the fever!)
ron belanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Serila numbers
Unread 03-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Richard Skeuse
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Serila numbers

Hi Ron, I can tell you that the first guns we made were the 20 guage, The first 25 or so were test guns or Prototypes. The number went guage first - then number. We made 250 with PRO in the serial number.. The second order went to regular number system. If you have the serial number of the gun you are looking at I will see if I can find out when it was made. Hope this helps
Richard Skeuse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Richard Skeuse For Your Post:
Thank you!
Unread 03-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Walt Kowalski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Thank you!

I'm grateful for your offer and response! (a bit blown away that I'm speaking to the creator of these wonderful guns!)

I am no longer looking at this shotgun...I now own it! (soon to be on it's way from dealer)

I would love to hear anything you have in the way of records for my new pride and joy!

The serial number is: 20-03583

Of course, I already know the obvious facts...DT, BTFE, chokes, etc. The gun has been very lightly used, and looks beautiful. It's my first high end, shotgun and I plan to have many, enjoyable, hours afield with her. I didn't buy it to be a safe queen, and it certainly may not be my last Parker purchase. I can't wait to get my eyes and hands on it (next week!)

Thank you, Mr. Skeuse for building my new Shotgun!
Nice gun
Unread 03-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Richard Skeuse
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Nice gun

Hi Thanks for the reply and many thank you's. Your gun was received from Winchester on 6-18-1985 inspected on 6-21-1985 and sold to Cape outfitters Cape Girardeau, Mo. on 1-30-1995. It has grade 4 wood, out of 5 with 5 being the best. I am one of the sons of Tom Skeuse the maker of the Parker Reproductions just to clear that up. Thanks
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Richard Skeuse For Your Post:
Unread 03-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,884 Times in 4,762 Posts

Richard, were all Repros graded on the permanent record as to wood quality? That is the first we have heard about this, at least the first I have heard about this.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
grading
Unread 03-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
Richard Skeuse
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default grading

Yes Bill
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Richard Skeuse For Your Post:
Unread 03-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Richard, Thank You very much for being so forthcoming with all this info on our Parker Reproductions. You are providing us with some great info.....and I for one appreciate it. And I am sure many more members do also.....
Unread 03-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #8
Walt Kowalski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Skeuse View Post
Hi Thanks for the reply and many thank you's. Your gun was received from Winchester on 6-18-1985 inspected on 6-21-1985 and sold to Cape outfitters Cape Girardeau, Mo. on 1-30-1995. It has grade 4 wood, out of 5 with 5 being the best. I am one of the sons of Tom Skeuse the maker of the Parker Reproductions just to clear that up. Thanks
Thanks, Richard, for this info! I apologize for thinking you were your Dad...I am kind of a newbie in the Parker world and I should have researched the history a bit before assuming this. Nevertheless, I appreciate your generosity, and look forward to good times and great shotguns!
I now own an original Trojan 20 and of course, the new Reproduction, and I have a lead on another Damascus, Parker which may or may not be hidden in the depths of the house of an Aunt of my girlfriend's (her Uncle's Parker)...she had lost touch with this Aunt for a few years but has recently, begun conversing with her once again...the thought of the old gun has me wondering of it's whereabouts! I may find out as soon as this coming Sunday when my girlfriend is going to stop by her Aunt's place in RI.
Hopefully, there will be some dialogue which transpires, on the location of this gun...keeping my fingers crossed that she still has it tucked away with her late, husband's belongings...

Thanks again for the info on my new gun! I'll post some pictures here when I receive it!

Ron
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
Tony Guccioni
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron belanger View Post
Thanks, Richard, for this info! I apologize for thinking you were your Dad...I am kind of a newbie in the Parker world and I should have researched the history a bit before assuming this. Nevertheless, I appreciate your generosity, and look forward to good times and great shotguns!
I now own an original Trojan 20 and of course, the new Reproduction, and I have a lead on another Damascus, Parker which may or may not be hidden in the depths of the house of an Aunt of my girlfriend's (her Uncle's Parker)...she had lost touch with this Aunt for a few years but has recently, begun conversing with her once again...the thought of the old gun has me wondering of it's whereabouts! I may find out as soon as this coming Sunday when my girlfriend is going to stop by her Aunt's place in RI.
Hopefully, there will be some dialogue which transpires, on the location of this gun...keeping my fingers crossed that she still has it tucked away with her late, husband's belongings...

Thanks again for the info on my new gun! I'll post some pictures here when I receive it!
Ron
Walt,

Your photos will be mighty useful to see what a 4/5 stick of wood looks like. This should allow all Repro owners to gain some idea on their own wood rating.

And thanks Richard for your generosity.
Tony Guccioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #10
Walt Kowalski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Guccioni View Post
Walt,

Your photos will be mighty useful to see what a 4/5 stick of wood looks like. This should allow all Repro owners to gain some idea on their own wood rating.

And thanks Richard for your generosity.
The name is Ron...just using an alias here for fun!
The Walt Kowalski character is Played by Clint Eastwood in the movie Gran Torino...great film!

I will definitely post some high quality pictures of the wood I have...I was not aware that it was grade 4 either...I'll take 4 out of 5 any day!