Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Looking for 12ga 2.75” fiber bismuth data
Unread 09-06-2023, 07:37 AM   #1
Johnrussell
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Looking for 12ga 2.75” fiber bismuth data

In a perfect world I’d like to find some 1 1/8oz bismuth data that uses fiber wads in the 1250fps realm. I have a published 1.25oz fiber load that runs 10300 pressure but of course uses cci209 primers that are impossible to source. I would like keep pressures below 9k too. I have a plastic wad load that fits these parameters for now but would ultimately like a more traditional fiber wad load. Do y’all have anything developed and tested?
Johnrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2023, 09:50 PM   #2
Johnrussell
Forum Associate

Member Info

I’ve been testing the Lyman bismuth gold medal hull fiber load but lowered the shot charge to 1 1/8oz from 1 1/4oz and lowered the powder charge until I hit 1300fps. I also had to change the wads to get the stack height correct.If I lower the longshot charge even half a grain further it seems to drop the velocity by over 200fps! Pretty wild. I’m going to have to send this load in for pressure testing as I had to substitute the primer with a cheddite primer as that’s all that’s available now a days. I expect it will be safe but you never now until you test it.
Johnrussell is offline   Reply With Quote