Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Parker Reproduction LOP
Unread 04-09-2017, 12:09 PM   #1
MD*GSP
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Parker Reproduction LOP

I’m confused about some general comments that I’ve read about the Parker Reproduction in regard to LOP.

A stock maker I am not. However, I thought I had a pretty good handle on the basics of stock dimensions; particularly from a geometric viewpoint.

When I read statements such as the one quoted below, particularly comments that are drafted by a professional stock maker, I begin to think I don’t know what I don’t know, but thought I knew

“Parker reproduction guns are often long in LOP and a 15" gun would not be too difficult to find. They are often high in the comb too.”

Stocked high - yes. So far as LOP - my scale seems to tell me that a 15” LOP found on a factory stocked PR is virtually unheard of. I only have DT PR’s..is it common to find this LOP on a SST Parker Reproduction? Is there some super secret way of obtaining this measurement that is only known by professionals? I measure LOP from the center of the butt to the front of whatever trigger it is that I am seeking information. I pay particular attention to how straight the scale is..is that not the proper way to obtain this measurement?
Scot Cardillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,424 Times in 4,595 Posts

Thanks for quoting me, i guess.

For example, Right now i have in my posession, some Repro stocks with lops of 14-5/8", 15" and 15-1/4".
Unread 04-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
MD*GSP
PGCA Member

Member Info

Yes, your comments are the ones that have me scratching my head; primarily because of your profession and the number of examples that I’m certain have passed through your hands. Made me wonder if technically the “proper” way to obtain this dimension is to measure from the toe, but then, that would be the hypotenuse, which had me confused. I know a handful of individuals that deem a 14-3/4” LOP their primary criteria when perusing the Reproductions. Implication being, while not exactly “rare”, they are not typically encountered. For these folks, a 15+ lop would be a real find.

I’ve learned to never say never with all things Parker but I would have guessed that a 15” PR is pretty rare. I would have to guess that the stocks you have at 15 & 15-1/4” will find their way to some guns quick-like.
Scot Cardillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

Even though Brian has some NOS reproduction butt stocks with long LOP. I personally have not seen a repro with a LOP over 14 3/4" most had 14 3/8" & a few at 14 3/4"

The ones Brian has may have been for special order guns which were never used.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote