Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

PH grade Parker
Unread 10-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Toby Hall
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default PH grade Parker

I have aquired a Parker PH grade,in very good condition on outside and left barell has some pitting right barell is smooth and shiny.Very tight action all screws are straight.The gun has a brass emblem on the side of butt stock,it has Yale Thactcher Prize on it Won by WS Carrol in 1927 any clue what this means and what the value of this gun may be?
Toby Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Try Googling Yale Thatcher Prize and W S Carrol, you'll find the information you seek.

From the scant information you have provided, without photos, the gun could be worth anywhere from $1000 to $20,000.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

Toby,

If you desire more information about your gun please provide details such as the serial number, and detailed photos of the gun. The markings on the barrel flats, barrel lug, and water table are very important. Measure the barrel legnth percicely and also provide a photo of the muzzles.

A response will certainly follow!

Mark
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
Toby Hall
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have searched the internet with no results yet.But I will keep looking.I also will post some pictures when I figure out how to do this i'm new first time at this.I am really curious about this gun all serial numbers match and its has steel fluid barrels.And by the date on this emblem 1927 I think its fairly old?
Unread 10-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

Toby,

An inscription on the Stock Shield could have been done by anyone at any time in the gun's life.

Photos and a serial number will get you a response with information and opinions.

Mark
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

You should have found on Google that Yale University has a Thatcher Prize for academic achievement, that appears to be a law school award . W S Carrol won it. For further information, a person could contact the librarian at the Yale University archives. I have a suspicion that there might be a lot of history at Yale.

Its not like the PGCA has a list of all Parkers and their history. Individuals here research like everyone else could by checking the internet and being curious.

1927 is considered a later Parker. You haven't even told us the serial number, only that they match. We don't even know the gauge. Don't hide the serial number if you expect help.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #7
Toby Hall
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have some more info. the gun is a 12ga. the serial #210664 frame size is 1 1/2.If im looking right the barrel weight is 3.I was wrong the brass emblem has 1925 on it.The same serial #210664 is on back of forearm.I will get photo's this weekend.