Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Peoples Choice Awards 2024
Unread 03-28-2024, 09:32 AM   #1
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,669 Times in 1,861 Posts

Default Peoples Choice Awards 2024

As in the past the Peoples Choice Awards will be held in conjunction with the PGCA annual meeting which has been scheduled to be held in conjunction with the Southern SxS event in Sanford, NC at the Green Gate Manor and Gardens also in Sanford. Friday, April 26, 2024

This years theme will be "Purpose Built Parkers”. Nothing hidden within the theme, we will be seeking guns built for a purpose. A few examples would be skeet guns, SBT guns, double trap guns, safety delete duns, try guns, multi barrel sets, multi gauge sets. If you believe that your Parker was a “Purpose Built” gun then by all means please do bring it.

A tent card will be prepared for each gun on display containing the following:
*Number for voting purposes
*Model
*Gauge
*Year of manufacture
*One line for any bullet point you may want to add, just a few words please.

In order to enter your gun please email (randy@hsiagency.com) or send me a PM with the information as requested above. In an attempt to keep the displayer anonymous I am going to request that you contact me as noted above please vs replying through the public forum. Also please refrain from showing research letters, pictures or other items within your display that might disclose the owner. These items are welcome of course but please cover or black out owner information. Voters love staging so feel free to dress your presentation up. After the Awards are completed I will post names on the forum of all who participated to recognize their efforts and support of the PGCA and most likely there will be an article or write up of sorts in Parker Pages

Tent cards will be prepared and I will have them available at dinner. Cocktail hour begins at 6:00 and I will be there prior to that time. I would like to have all entries on or before April 18 please to allow sufficient time to process cards and prepare. Please bring any items of interest surrounding your gun and or staging items to enhance your display. Attendees will have the opportunity to vote with the top 3 vote getters receiving a very nice wooden bowl as turned by our very own Mike McKinney. I believe Mike has outdone himself with this years selection, simply fantastic! Thank You Mike !

I am looking forward to some very nice guns this year as always. I urge you to participate and share your fine Parkers with other members. It is as simple as providing me the info and bringing your gun. Please do feel free to reach out to me if you should have any questions. Looking forward to seeing everyone once again. Thank you all for your continued support of the PGCA.

On a final note a big Thank You to member Terry Smith who suggested this years theme. Coming up with ideas is always a challenge, I believe this is a good one. Thank You Terry !

Sincerely:
Randy Roberts
812-584-1021
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture-1.jpg (505.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Capture-2.jpg (492.0 KB, 2 views)
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 04-08-2024, 03:56 PM   #2
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Bringing this to the top Gentlemen. Response has been slow at best. The PGCA would appreciate your support as always. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
LAST CALL
Unread 04-17-2024, 12:25 PM   #3
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default LAST CALL

Response to the Peoples Choice has been slow. I would really like to add a few more guns to the lineup for the attendees to view. Time is running short but there is still time to get your "Purpose Built Parker" in the lineup. Please help us make this a great meeting and display. Thanks for your consideration.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post: