Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Unread 12-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #21
Scowl
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
Nice DH, especially with that straight stock. The triggers look correct for a right hand shooter (right barrel trigger in the front position)...if I am seeing your photo correctly. I'd get those nice Damascus barrels looked at by and expert and if in good shape (sure looks like it from the outside), take that nice gun out for a shoot with appropriate shells.
Thanks for the compliments. My friend who is an avid old gun collector thought the Damascus looked pretty good. No visual indicators that rust was seeping into a fold. But he also recommended having a more detailed inspection before shooting it.

In regards to the trigger, I'm not challenging you by any means. I grew up hunting with a a single barrel shotgun. I'm not experienced with this type of double trigger but when I work the triggers, the transition from the first shot to the second shot seems more fluid and comfortable when shooting left handed. When shooting right handed, it seems like the trigger finger has to contort a bit to snap in behind the first trigger, whereas shooting lefty, the finger just slides from the first shot to the next. Anyways, that's was just my thoughts from playing with it.
Dallas Passow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2019, 03:13 PM   #22
Scowl
Forum Associate

Member Info

I'm getting ready to order by research letter. Can anyone tell me what kind of butt my stock it? Is it skeleton or checkered? The form asks but I don't see anything on the identification pages regarding the types of butts. There is a picture in my first post
Dallas Passow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2019, 04:03 PM   #23
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,471 Times in 3,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Passow View Post
I'm getting ready to order by research letter. Can anyone tell me what kind of butt my stock it? Is it skeleton or checkered? The form asks but I don't see anything on the identification pages regarding the types of butts. There is a picture in my first post
Dallas, Your photo shows a skeleton steel buttplate (if there is a metal buttplate, that's what the grade came with as standard).

BTW, no worries on the issue of the triggers. If the reverse works better for you, who can argue with that. My point was that the standard for most side-by-side two trigger guns is right barrel (often the more open choke) first with the trigger in front. I've seen them reversed, but generally because of the comfort of shooting for the individual (as in your case). I had a Smith with the triggers reversed, but I could not master it and had them set in the more standard fashion. For that gun, it was a simple matter for a trained gunsmith.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote