Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Damascus Barrels & Steel

Notices

Unread 08-01-2019, 10:43 AM   #31
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,780 Times in 4,716 Posts

In addition to Armaf barrels in the 60's, Frank Lefever and Son rebarreled Parkers with original Parker barrels, as well as sleeving Parkers to same, larger or smaller gauges. My DH ten gauge 3 1/2" Parker was sleeved by Lefever from a #3 frame 12 gauge and is an excellent job. The original 12 was ordered and built at ten pounds, a rare heavyweight in its original configuration. The rib inscription was changed to "Lefever Steel" and is indistinguishable from original Parker work. The original Parker barrels used by Lefever were sold off several years ago by Ron Petersen and have been tossed to the winds. They appear for sale occasionally, but are 12 gauge, not 10.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2019, 10:50 AM   #32
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,780 Times in 4,716 Posts

Jeff, when the gun was in your hands, did the barrels appear to be ARMAF or some other identifiable make? Were the chambers 3 1/2"? Why did you return the gun to Puglisi's?
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #33
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,000 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
In addition to Armaf barrels in the 60's, Frank Lefever and Son rebarreled Parkers with original Parker barrels, as well as sleeving Parkers to same, larger or smaller gauges. My DH ten gauge 3 1/2" Parker was sleeved by Lefever from a #3 frame 12 gauge and is an excellent job. The original 12 was ordered and built at ten pounds, a rare heavyweight in its original configuration. The rib inscription was changed to "Lefever Steel" and is indistinguishable from original Parker work. The original Parker barrels used by Lefever were sold off several years ago by Ron Petersen and have been tossed to the winds. They appear for sale occasionally, but are 12 gauge, not 10.
Pugs has it listed as 3" chambers but that could be a slight oversight .
They have two 10 ga 3 1/2" magnums but they are Parker lifters with damascus barrels .
I have seen a Westley Richards 12 ga I want to say it was one of their A&D sxs from the 1890s , that they rebarreled from 12 ga to 10 gauge but it was built on a 12 ga frame .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2019, 06:34 PM   #34
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,000 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Jeff, when the gun was in your hands, did the barrels appear to be ARMAF or some other identifiable make? Were the chambers 3 1/2"? Why did you return the gun to Puglisi's?
Mr.Bill all the other 10 ga Parker PH guns ive seen have been in the 5k+ range .
So I was thinking at half the price because of the aftermarket barrels it might be a decent buy . Would be really cool to have a 10 ga Parkers with 3.5" chambers . From what ive read the 10 ga 3.5" was original built by Parkers and Ithaca . I havnt ever seen a factory 10 ga 3.5" from Parker . I would think it would have been easier for Parkers to build them than Ithaca as Parker already had frame sizes that could easily handle the 10 ga magnum .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote