Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-12-2024, 11:38 AM   #31
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,469 Times in 971 Posts

Daryl, I ordered the MX8 31.5" fixed LM/IM with the 11x11 broadway trap type rib. Dropout leaf springs. From Pacific Sporting Arms. It will be one year next month. I'm dying waiting. I love how they shoot. I may not shoot better but life is short, right?
Unread 01-12-2024, 11:55 AM   #32
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco View Post
Thanks Mike. The only gun I really struggle with is my go to grouse gun choked C/IC if I'm shooting clays. All my Parkers are German choked...Gutten-tight

The Perazzi will be LM/IM and I can shoot spreaders if I feel the need to. I think my choke tubes in my Beretta 694 have been in there for three years, I should see if they are welded in : ) I'd rather floss my teeth than clean choke tubes.
Good choice of chokes. Spreaders are the nuts for close targets, especially rabbits inside 20 yards.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 01-12-2024, 12:03 PM   #33
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
Good choice of chokes. Spreaders are the nuts for close targets, especially rabbits inside 20 yards.
There was some crazy dude down in Meshoppen, PA, who once did a rabbit inside 20 yards on station 9 that only momentarily appeared out of a gully for about 2 nanoseconds. Sadistic SOB if I remember correctly.
Unread 01-12-2024, 12:19 PM   #34
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

Quote:
There was some crazy dude down in Meshoppen, PA, who once did a rabbit inside 20 yards on station 9 that only momentarily appeared out of a gully for about 2 nanoseconds. Sadistic SOB if I remember correctly.
What a bastage!!! Can't believe anyone would torment such pleasant shooters with a target like that! I will give him a stern talking to and let him know 2 nanoseconds is way too much time.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 01-12-2024, 01:06 PM   #35
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Daryl, I ordered the MX8 31.5" fixed LM/IM with the 11x11 broadway trap type rib. Dropout leaf springs. From Pacific Sporting Arms. It will be one year next month. I'm dying waiting. I love how they shoot. I may not shoot better but life is short, right?
You will shoot better. I have the MX2000 with the tram line rib. Love it. But the MX28, now that's a whole different puppy.
Unread 01-12-2024, 01:49 PM   #36
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
You will shoot better. I have the MX2000 with the tram line rib. Love it. But the MX28, now that's a whole different puppy.
Yeah that's a bit above my pay grade Daryl but I've shot one. W O W.
Unread 01-13-2024, 09:19 AM   #37
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,313 Times in 1,219 Posts

Over the years when I was doing serious NSCA competitions I owned three UK spec Perazzi MX 2000's in 12 gauge and one in 20 gauge. All but one of them were 32" and one 12g was a 34". All were ordered with fixed number 5 and 7 chokes. I agree P-guns are the nuts for sporting clays though expensive and long delivery.

Several months ago I came across a Browning CXS White Combo in 20 and 28 bores. Both barrel sets are 32" and both non ported. Factory stocked to shoot about flat and mine prints just a tad high. Love it! This 2-barrel combo was a Browning 2022 Shot Show Special, now discontinued, but they can still be found brand new on-line at less than $4k. JFI.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2024, 10:40 AM   #38
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Yeah that's a bit above my pay grade Daryl but I've shot one. W O W.
I actually sold two smallbore (20) Parkers to buy the MX28 and walked away with cash in my pocket. Wish I had done it years ago.
Unread 04-12-2024, 09:56 PM   #39
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,313 Times in 1,219 Posts

Quote:
Andy, any update on your Perazzi?
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2024, 06:48 AM   #40
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,976 Times in 1,126 Posts

I've shot a Parazzi MX-8 for about 12-14 years. I was shooting it about the time I punched into M class in the NSCA, at the 2010 US Open. Mine is an old gun, imported by Winchester and so stamped, and was originally a trap gun with 31.5" barrels, F/F chokes, non-selective trigger and a high stock. I swapped stocks to get it to shoot 60/40 and had the chokes opened to M/M, figuring that since I couldn't select barrels (chokes) I should have the same thing in both.

I have never regretted that decision. It remains a highly competitive gun for me and, even at it's weight (9 lbs.) it handles like a dream. I love the freedom that comes with not messing with changing choke tubes for certain presentations, and focus wholly on the targets at hand while my buds are swapping chokes to gain a perceived advantage for themselves.

Spreaders are the ticket for very close stuff and unpredictable presentations like rabbits. My favorite spreader load is the Fiocchi Interceptor, in no. 8s. I've loaded spreaders of every conceivable persuasion but have settled on these factory spreaders after patterning them years ago, then seeing the results. They are just awesome.

Congratulations on the new Perazzi, Andy. They are just wonderful target crushing machines.

https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com...es-p-6001.html
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stan Hillis For Your Post: