Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-07-2016, 05:32 PM   #11
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Last year I bought a Original Marlin 1894 25/20 for Silhouette competition. I know the inside of Marlins pretty well. This model is much sought after however the Hammer/Trigger was totally screwed up. It would not even function. Shop had sold it twice both times returned. I paid a low price expecting to go on a hunt for parts.

At home stripping the gun it was obvious the Hammer notch and sear were as they left the factory in 1912. Ordered new springs from Windners, installed the springs and it not only worked like it should trigger pull is very good smooth with nice clean let off. Offhand Sillouette rifle all Origional to meet class rules, very light gun, trigger pull makes for good scores.

I don't know of any gunsmith that's equipped to improve Lever action pulls by stoning Sears. You need a jig rifle specific free hand won't do and too many different rifles out there to keep the jigs on hand. Better to replace the parts.

Quality shotguns another thing and no doubt it's possible a good man can correct problems, if it has a problem from poor work years ago. You can bet it left Parker with proper sear engagement .

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Davis For Your Post: