Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-07-2022, 09:31 AM   #11
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,587 Times in 3,086 Posts

I certainly did not mean to suggest that I had any information suggesting that RST may close up shop, and I'm sorry if I appeared to do so. I'm just thinking about a business that cannot do business and how long that can last.
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2022, 09:33 AM   #12
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,587 Times in 3,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop View Post
I am a hunter not a shooter. I have never been on a trap or skeet range. I shoot a little during dove season. After deer season closes I get out and stroll around some old hunting grounds where quail used to reside. Then Spring turkey. So I don't shoot much.

The shell shortage has not had any impact on me. I have a few flats of 20s and 28s.
I wish you were closer. You're a kindred spirit (hey, a guy who likes small gauge doubles with straight/splinter stocks and two triggers!!).
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 01-07-2022, 09:36 AM   #13
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

It is a very difficult time for business in general. The business I am involved in sells plumbing and electrical supplies. Common things that we have been buying and selling for decades, such as electrical outlets and rough-in boxes, cannot be obtained from our normal manufacturers. Lead times are ridiculous. We have had to search for new sources and still have difficulty getting certain items. You have to be creative and fluid in order to survive unless you are just setting on a huge pile of cash.
Unread 01-07-2022, 09:37 AM   #14
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,668 Times in 1,860 Posts

No impact so far, I am probably good for 2 years or more with my regular routine. It has had one positive effect in that I am cleaning out the odd ball stuff that I don't use any more. That left over 3 lb of Green Dot, the 400 Cheddites, the 400 paper hulls that have one reload left in them and the 500 RIO primers. All this needed to go anyway, perfect time. I only load for the 12 gauge, a 7/8 and a 1 oz load both with American Select. I was getting low on it until a member stepped in and helped me out, a lot !! Thanks !!
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 01-07-2022, 09:45 AM   #15
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,862 Times in 4,751 Posts

I don't have the stash of loaded shells that I used to have. However, all of the loaders are set up and working. To be honest, at 76 my components will probably outlive me. As ammo supplies wind down, I will probably switch from skeet and sporting clays to box birds and tower pheasant shoots. More expensive, but less taxing on the ammo supply. Everyone should have a "plan".
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 01-07-2022, 09:49 AM   #16
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,862 Times in 4,751 Posts

Those of us who know and love Morris Baker understand that RST isn't going anywhere.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 01-07-2022, 09:53 AM   #17
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,463 Times in 969 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Those of us who know and love Morris Baker understand that RST isn't going anywhere.
I think that's highly accurate. I talked to him a few weeks ago, he's as upset about the shortage as anyone and just taking it day by day.
Unread 01-07-2022, 10:07 AM   #18
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,227 Times in 12,373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop View Post
It is a very difficult time for business in general. The business I am involved in sells plumbing and electrical supplies. Common things that we have been buying and selling for decades, such as electrical outlets and rough-in boxes, cannot be obtained from our normal manufacturers. Lead times are ridiculous. We have had to search for new sources and still have difficulty getting certain items. You have to be creative and fluid in order to survive unless you are just setting on a huge pile of cash.
This to me seems to translate to more and more “Made in China” stuff filling a need… and that’s very sad.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 01-07-2022, 10:21 AM   #19
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
box birds and tower pheasant shoots. More expensive, but less taxing on the ammo supply. Everyone should have a "plan".
Thirty years ago when was into skeet/trap hard and heavy I wanted to get to the pigeon ring but finding an avenue wasn’t easy . And those that did kept telling me I’d be broke in two years as they figured I’d shoot every weekend and play all the purses . In hindsight after a slight introduction to Colombaire and box birds this past year they were most likely correct . But even in the shall we say twilight years I could still see myself shooting pigeon rings every chance I’d get just maybe not playing all the money . I’m not sure why I really like the pigeon ring , but I don’t care for pigeons at a tower shoot , go figure
Unread 01-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #20
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
This to me seems to translate to more and more “Made in China” stuff filling a need… and that’s very sad.

That certainly has come into play even before this supply chain crisis. For years our trade professionals (plumbers, electricians, building contractors) demanded quality US made products. Our pipe was made Charlotte NC. Plumbing products in Kohler Wisconsin. Electrical devices only US made products such as Square D, Eaton, GE, etc. We have seen an erosion in the demand for quality and now it is all about price. No longer is the quality product demanded, it is now the cheapest price you can get me.

It is very discouraging to say the least.