Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 12-20-2021, 07:05 PM   #11
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

I was pretty much spoiled my early years as my pop had Parker’s , Fox’s and Smith’s . And of course I used them all . Only one I ever lusted for over a long period of time was a VHE 20 gauge 28” gun that belonged to a family friend who happened to have a gun shop . He and my pop had known each other for many years and I’m sure I started asking our friend if the gun was for sale when I was 10 or 11 . Very rare was the time I went in that shop that I didn’t ask if he was ready to sell the little 20 . Finally got it about five years ago , can’t say I stole it but I wanted it and had been trying to get it for over forty years .
Unread 12-20-2021, 08:23 PM   #12
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,972 Times in 1,421 Posts

I lucked into a VH 1/2 frame 2 barrel set at a small firearms auction in the Pocono's around 2012. Made in 1937, the gun is all Meriden made with 28" barrels choked mod and full. The gun was returned to Remington in 1938 for the second set off 28" barrels choked cylinder and improved cylinder. This set of barrels are Remington made and the gun has the repair codes from 1938. Did i mention that I have the hang tags and 1937 price list too? Pictures are in my PGCA album. Didn't pay much.
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post:
Unread 12-20-2021, 09:13 PM   #13
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,276 Times in 1,133 Posts

I bought this 0 frame 16 gauge for 200 bucks.
20211220_180722.jpg
todd allen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Unread 12-21-2021, 12:22 AM   #14
Bill Jolliff
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,181 Times in 271 Posts

Back in the mid 1970's, I was able to meet the acceptance of a high end collector of some of the best side by side shotguns imaginable including Parker, Fox, L.C. Smith, Syracuse Lefever, etc.

And luckily, I purchased some very nice high end Fox's from him as Fox's were my primary collecting interest.

An unfortunate event occurred in his life when his wife died. He sold his collection to a high end dealer who purchased all but one gun, a damascus barreled Parker.

Back then, 1981, damascus barreled guns were not popular and I'm thinking that's why the dealer didn't want it.

So, I bought it.

An AAHE 16 gauge, SN 112920, that in addition to having the owners name "Terrell" engraved on the gold grip cap, his name was repeated many times in the damascus pattern on the barrels. The Terrell gun.

Unfortunately, I don't own it anymore.
Bill Jolliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2021, 12:33 AM   #15
Bruce Hering
PGCA Member

Member Info

My best deal was on a #2 frame GH Damascus, 32" from a member here. I love the gun and enjoy shooting it. Its a really nice gun
Southeastern Illinois College
AMM 761
Bruce Hering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Hering For Your Post:
Unread 12-21-2021, 06:21 AM   #16
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,231 Times in 12,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Jolliff View Post
An AAHE 16 gauge, SN 112920, that in addition to having the owners name "Terrell" engraved on the gold grip cap, his name was repeated many times in the damascus pattern on the barrels. The Terrell gun.

We know the gun Bill - one of the most, possibly the most, unique and amazing Parkers ever made.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 12-21-2021, 09:24 AM   #17
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,594 Times in 3,087 Posts

Quote:
Back in the mid 1970's, I was able to meet the acceptance of a high end collector of some of the best side by side shotguns imaginable including Parker, Fox, L.C. Smith, Syracuse Lefever, etc.

And luckily, I purchased some very nice high end Fox's from him as Fox's were my primary collecting interest.

An unfortunate event occurred in his life when his wife died. He sold his collection to a high end dealer who purchased all but one gun, a damascus barreled Parker.

Back then, 1981, damascus barreled guns were not popular and I'm thinking that's why the dealer didn't want it.

So, I bought it.

Yikes! How do you get rid of an AAHE 16?
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 12-21-2021, 09:30 AM   #18
Bill Jolliff
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,181 Times in 271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
Yikes! How do you get rid of an AAHE 16?
It wasn't easy Garry, but I traded the Parker for 3 very minty high grade Fox's: a 12, 16 and a 20.
Bill Jolliff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Jolliff For Your Post:
Unread 12-21-2021, 10:09 AM   #19
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

I've always looked at my hunting & gun pursuits as a hobby for my enjoyment. My career was what I did to make money so I could pursue my hobbies.

On the gun end of this hobby. I consider the best purchase I've ever made was my Parker Reproduction 16/20 combo set.

I purchased the gun new in box for $4000.00 back in the mid-90's. Then when Galazans first offered their 16ga barrels I purchased & fit that set to the gun for another $1300.00 making it a three-barrel set with the 26" 20ga & the original 28" 16ga barrels both choked Q-1 Q-2 & the CSMC 28" 16ga barrels IC-Mod making it a very universal upland gun.

What really makes it special though is all the memories attached to it from the miles of carrying it back in the CRP heydays hunting with friends, all the great people I met along the way and the seven great dogs this gun shared the fields with.

The gun has a several well-earned warts on it from the years of use which reminds me that I put every one of them on it. Every time I pick the gun up, the memories of those great times come flooding back making this gun priceless to me. It was a good deal up-front money wise, but a great deal value wise to me!
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2021, 10:21 AM   #20
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,276 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
It wasn't easy Garry, but I traded the Parker for 3 very minty high grade Fox's: a 12, 16 and a 20.
Seems to me you got he better end of the deal Bill.
Merry Christmas my friend.