Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-10-2022, 05:44 PM   #41
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

It was not you or your morality I questioned. It was the agent's business offer I questioned. I'm sure some of our readers questioned it also.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2022, 05:09 PM   #42
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

My Policy with Eastern will come up shortly for renewal, Something must be askew at the office there, always had good response from inquires maybe Laura has some problems we do not know about! but no excuse for not giving prompt replies, guess I too will look elsewhere if I do not get a response on my revised gun list, I have been thinning the herd lately. Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2022, 06:06 PM   #43
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,854 Times in 4,747 Posts

Is our error in receiving good response because we are dealing with contractors rather than with the company directly? I have been uninsured for sixty five years of collecting just because of the problems our posters have mentioned. Except for putting guns in the mail, I would rather not deal with these guys and take my chances. Comments, please.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 01-11-2022, 06:22 PM   #44
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

Bill then you are basically self-insured which is fine if you are willing to take that risk and you can absorb potential losses. I live in the tornado alley of the South. Too risky for me!
Unread 01-11-2022, 07:35 PM   #45
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

I talked to Laura last week. Yes she is working remotely. It she assured me that everything is okay but she is struggling with returning calls in a timely manner
Unread 01-11-2022, 07:39 PM   #46
Matt Buckley
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,182 Times in 260 Posts

I contacted Laura by email last week with a question on my policy and she responded the next day. I have not had an issues with my policy or communication.

"May the honkers fly low and slow."
Douglas Bandemer
Matt Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Buckley For Your Post:
Unread 01-11-2022, 09:34 PM   #47
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,191 Times in 12,368 Posts

Is Laura the only one taking care of this end of Eastern’s insurance business?

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2022, 02:12 AM   #48
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,947 Times in 1,437 Posts

Agents make a difference. When Jack was alive and handled my policy I must say I was 100% satisfied with Eastern Insurance.
I just received an e-mail that my policy is up for renewal.
Even though I have not had any issues with Laura I will be shopping around for a new company.
This is based on the poor experiences others have shared.
I’m really concerned how a loss may be handled if I find myself needing to file a claim.

Bill just my thoughts here. Like Reggie states you are basically self insured, and that’s OK.
In my case I believe that with multiple safes in different areas, coupled with a good security system makes the chance of complete loss not likely.
With this in mind I elected to not carry a policy for the the full value of all my guns.
A complete loss would not financially ruin me but at this stage of my life would not allow me to replace all my Guns without dipping into my retirement funds.
Further I have worked hard to accumulate my collection of guns and would not replace but a fraction of what I currently own. The pain I still recall when I was 22 years old and had all of my meager collection stolen still hurts, when I recall walking in and seeing all my guns gone.
For this reason I must keep an insurance policy on my guns.
Some other pluses for having a policy are when I ship a gun out for work, I save on buying a separate shipping insurance each way.
When you can pay just over $300 for a $100,000 in coverage. A fair amount of your policy cost is off set just in shipping insurance savings.
Finally because I hunt a lot with my guns, they are subject to damage, or theft from my vehicles. All of which I have experienced over the last 50 years.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post:
Unread 05-01-2022, 07:32 PM   #49
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,569 Times in 3,077 Posts

Thanks for the information in this post. I informed Eastern that I will not renew with them. I tried to add a $25K gun to my policy and never got a reply. It was easy to work with Cole Cushman, I got a decent "discount" for being a PGCA member AND I saved $300 on my premium.

Yet another benefit of membership. Thanks folks.
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 05-01-2022, 07:44 PM   #50
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,947 Times in 1,437 Posts

Garry I agree Cole is easy to work with and responds fast to requests for updates. I recently sold my Parker DH 28 and asked to have it removed. It was done on the same day.
My Custom Fox is being shipped back from Canada. I called Cole and asked if the gun would be covered in case of, damage, loss, or theft. The answer was absolutely. I added it to my policy, which is something I had failed to think about when I changed insurance company’s and all he asked was to place a value and provide the Make , model, and serial number.
Now that’s great Customer Service.
Phillip Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post: