Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 03-09-2016, 08:04 PM   #11
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,539 Times in 4,621 Posts

Reggie,

If you are looking for a 20g. VH that is a shooter with some condition, expect to pay in the area of $2,500 to $3,000. Higher condition means more than that. Decent 20g. Trojans can be had for as low as $1,500 at times.

This is based on what I have been seeing.

Of course, there are some guns out there in those price ranges that are so beat that they shouldn't be asking even that much. It is all relative.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 03-10-2016, 05:51 AM   #12
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Dillon View Post
What Mr. Dudley said about 'proper prices.' But on the other hand, a true auction will start at .01 or $1, and let the market dictate the final outcome. Just my .02 worth.
I don't 100% agree I sell a lot of things on consignment on GB . Hence the seller tells me what they want for said item I add my commission as well as what I think GB will charge for the sale and that's what I start the gun at . I do not put reserves etc on the item I show you where you're at to get in the game and if you want in you bid and if not you go on your way . And as far as "true auctions" are concerned I've been to MANY live in person auctions that had reserves set on variouse things and 90% of the time they didn't tell you until the bidding on that particular item was over . About 8 years ago I went to a local Auction House to bid on an original Pennsylvania Longrifle sat there for 4 hours until this thing came to the block , no one would bid higher then 4G's only to find out the reserve was set at 8G's . That auction pissed me off as I wouldn't have gone if I'd known that but I'm sure Rock Island and Julia pull the same type thing .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CraigThompson For Your Post:
Unread 03-10-2016, 05:59 AM   #13
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

To me Parkers are like anything else you will find unscrupulouse sellers in all aspects of the gun business . And by that I mean folks that will try and push touched up items as factory original . By no means do I consider my self an authority or well versed in all the stuff that intrests me but I do have a wealth of friends/associates that are well versed in a good many of the types of firearms that intrest me .

The lone one that I don't really have a knowledgeable friend are Lugers I have been wanting to buy one of those for several years to replace a very nice one my father traded off years ago for an original Virginia Longrifle , but so far I've been hesitant to make the plunge .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2016, 08:07 AM   #14
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

Actually there are very few Parkers that are all original condition, 100 plus or minus years takes there toll, less on some more on others. Most required some repair work, some have letters stating the work was done at the factory, most do not. A totally original gun of any grade will cost the collector big bucks! A rare gauge, configuration, or grade is a find no matter the condition, I consider these finds lucky, like an old car waiting to be restored to its original glory. My thinking here is that if the gun has all its original parts, and is fairly rare I will restore it! I do not shoot a lot of my guns, on the other hand a lot of folks on this forum do! Bottom line if you like the gun and it fits you you should own it if you can! Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Carmichael Sr For Your Post: