Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Parker Research Letters & available serial numbers
Unread 09-23-2023, 07:40 PM   #1
MrBojangles
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Parker Research Letters & available serial numbers

Is there any rhyme or reason as to what serial numbers are available for research and can be made available in a letter and those that are not?

Are certain blocks of numbers available? Were some lost or destroyed?

Much to my amazement, a Parker I swear I had typed into available serial numbers said the number wasn’t available awhile ago and today it is. And so I shall order a letter.

Which leads to the question have more records been located over time and this is why my Parker was not available for research previously? If not I probably typed the number in wrong previously in true dyslexic fashion.

Last edited by Ian Civco; 09-25-2023 at 06:58 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Ian Civco is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2023, 06:56 PM   #2
MrBojangles
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I will try this post in a new thread in the section devoted to letters. In the meantime, if anyone cares to respond…
Unread 09-28-2023, 05:42 PM   #3
MrBojangles
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Any thoughts?
Unread 10-03-2023, 07:32 AM   #4
MrBojangles
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Again, what are the serial number ranges or blocks for serial numbers having letters available on them?

I really don’t mean to be a jerk, but this site is a good old boys network. If you’re an outsider, good luck on ever getting a response. Meanwhile, “the club” will just about trip over each other to go post a “like” to a post of another “club” member. Not because they actually like the post, but it looks good and is part of being in “the club”.

I really hope I’m wrong here, and I really don’t mean to be a jerk, but this is what it looks like being an outsider.

For what it is worth, I have a decent working knowledge of firearms. But even refrained from commenting about a recent Winchester posted to the forum for sale that had refinished components and was obviously not original, and yet several gushed wild over it.

Okay I’m off my soapbox. Again, no offense, but this is how I feel on this site—having been abused over another Parker/Winchester apples to oranges situation a few years ago.