Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Ejectors not ordered mentioned in records/research letters?
Unread 03-21-2020, 11:00 AM   #1
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,569 Times in 3,077 Posts

Default Ejectors not ordered mentioned in records/research letters?

During the era when ejectors were standard in higher grade guns, do the records typically show (as indicated by research letters) when customers chose not to have them? Anyone have such a higher grade gun without ejectors and that the research letter records the request?

Thanks!
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,960 Times in 1,418 Posts

I don't think ejectors were ever considered standard on Parker guns no matter the grade. The order books always show an additional charge for ejectors. The entry in the stock would just say "Ejector".
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2020, 12:37 PM   #3
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop View Post
I don't think ejectors were ever considered standard on Parker guns no matter the grade. The order books always show an additional charge for ejectors. The entry in the stock would just say "Ejector".
Thanks, Chuck. So, I am looking at a 1927 Parker catalog. All models from V through D grades have separate headings for guns with and without ejectors. Beginning at the C level, only ejector models are shown. I also note in the price page of this catalog that there are separate price listings for V through D grades showing the prices with and without ejectors, but that for the higher grades there is no price option for ejectors v. non-ejector guns. From your response does this mean that if I ordered, for example, a BHE, that the records would show the ejectors as an "add-on?" If so, do you know the cost of ejectors on a higher grade gun from this era?
Unread 03-21-2020, 01:35 PM   #4
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Here are the pages from the catalog. I'm trying to figure out how much a customer might save by not getting ejectors on a higher grade gun, and if the records would indicate this. I notice that the cost of ejectors rises with the gun grade (19.25 for a VH and 22.50 for a DH).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_6676.jpeg (378.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6677.jpeg (384.0 KB, 3 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 03-21-2020, 08:23 PM   #5
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,960 Times in 1,418 Posts

Garry, upon further review, I think you are correct. The 1918 catalog shows grades BH and above with the only configuration having automatic ejectors. The 1919 catalog shows grades CH and above with that configuration. All the other catalogs from 1919 to 1934 when Remington took ownership showed the same thing. The 1915 Pine Cone catalog showed all grades available with or without ejectors. I based my response on the order book entries but our copies of the order books ended Dec. 1919.

I reviewed the stock book (June 1927/February 1928) looking for grades CH and above. I got through 100 pages before my eyes went crazy and didn't find any that didn't have ejectors.

There were 2 prices listed in the order books for ejectors. In the early years the price was $25.00. Later the price was reduced to $18.75. I can't tell you what the price difference was between extractors vs. ejectors after 1919.

You could also review the Serialization Book for option code 2. Have fun doing that!

If anyone has a CH or above made after 1919 (without ejectors) lets hear from you.

Good pickup Garry!
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post:
Unread 03-21-2020, 08:41 PM   #6
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop View Post
Garry, upon further review, I think you are correct. The 1918 catalog shows grades BH and above with the only configuration having automatic ejectors. The 1919 catalog shows grades CH and above with that configuration. All the other catalogs from 1919 to 1934 when Remington took ownership showed the same thing. The 1915 Pine Cone catalog showed all grades available with or without ejectors. I based my response on the order book entries but our copies of the order books ended Dec. 1919.

I reviewed the stock book (June 1927/February 1928) looking for grades CH and above. I got through 100 pages before my eyes went crazy and didn't find any that didn't have ejectors.

There were 2 prices listed in the order books for ejectors. In the early years the price was $25.00. Later the price was reduced to $18.75. I can't tell you what the price difference was between extractors vs. ejectors after 1919.

You could also review the Serialization Book for option code 2. Have fun doing that!

If anyone has a CH or above made after 1919 (without ejectors) lets hear from you.

Good pickup Garry!
Chuck, thanks so much for checking on this. I did not intend for this to be such a task for you, but I appreciate your time. The matter is interesting to say the least. I'll give the Serialization Book a look.

I hope we might hear from someone who has a post 1919 gun without ejectors -- and for which there is an existing record.