Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #71
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

Maybe somebody will post the newspaper article. It's been ages since I read it so my memory may be faulty.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #72
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,680 Times in 1,644 Posts

Bill, In your question of the court records. They are as follows; Civil No. H-85-23, brought before The Hon. M. Joseph Blumenfeld, Senior U.S.D.J. February 11, 1985 at the Federal building in Hartford Connecticut. The case was filed April, 8 1985 by the Clerk in Hartford. Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #73
Robert Delk
PGCA Member

Member Info

Gary? Did Gary Hermann play a part in this or should I be asking?
Robert Delk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #74
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Robert I couldn't say, The fake gun came out of the Parker factory as a AAHE and was sold to a private detective in Salt Lake City in the early 1900's. A fellow named C.A. Sage, hence the name "The Sage Gun"
Unread 11-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #75
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Robert if memory serves me gary Herman was paid 5,000 to be a mediator, I could be wrong.
Unread 11-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #76
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,874 Times in 4,756 Posts

Mr. Herman was not an involved principal. Maybe someone will mention the name of the principals. Tony Galazan is well known to have built the gun. I know the other person, but I'll wait for someone else to mention his name.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #77
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Let the deceased rest. Most has done something imperfect.
Unread 11-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #78
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I agree, let it rest. Bill, I sent you a PM check it out. Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Carmichael Sr For Your Post:
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #79
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

In addition to being displayed and viewed by more than 80 thousand people at a recent convention. The "Not the Czar's Gun" also enjoyed celebrity status again in June of this year when it appeared in the issue of a popular Sporting Magazine as a full page photo prop for a rather strange story about three Idaho hunters. In this story, two of the Idaho hunters were portrayed as felonious thieves willing to do just about anything to get their hands on a special Parker A-1...

In Summary: ... The story begins with the first Idaho hunter described as a man who fakes his own death in a hunting/drowning accident to collect $500,000 from an insurance fraud scheme. A second elderly Idaho hunter who owns a nice high grade A-1 Parker dies of cancer. And a third Idaho hunter climbs through a window of the recently deceased hunters home in a late night burglary to obtain the high grade A-1 Parker he claims his old friend wanted him to have after his death. The purpose of the late night covert acquisition, to abscond with the A-1 Parker before the deceased mans relatives arrive from another state to claim his belongings. The first Idaho hunter, while in the process of faking his death for the insurance money and preparing to leave town, also decides to steal the A-1 Parker from the third Idaho hunter who had already taken the gun from the second deceased hunters home just a few months before..... Fast---forward, after about two years go by, the third Idaho hunter eventually tracks down the first Idaho hunter and his wife who are now on the run hiding near the mexican border with the stolen A-1 Parker and hunting Quail. After a confrontation and threats to report the first Idaho hunter to the proper authorities for his faked death insurance scam, the Parker is soon returned to the third Idaho hunter who had originally liberated it from the second deceased hunters home in the first place... The last words in the story come from a personal note that was in the shipping box with the Parker A-1 upon it's return, a quote that reads: "And they say there's no honor among thieves"... The End...

What A Story. --- Obviously NOT a literary work worthy of this years Pulitzer Prize for distinguished fiction by an American author... It Will Be Interesting To See Where Photos Of The Infamous Gold Embellished "Not the Czar's Gun" Show Up Next...

CSL

Christopher Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #80
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

Chris, that story is somewhat reminiscent of the story of Maj. General Paul Cooper's stolen A1-S - the twist is that his story is non-fiction.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote