Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 03-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #101
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Dee: Sincere condolences on the loss of your mother. We will keep you and her in our prayers, It's hard, I know, but time and God have a way of healing broken hearts. I sincerely hope that you recieve some great news in your research letter.

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to George Lander For Your Post:
Unread 03-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #102
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

Dee, I'm so sorry to learn of your mother's passing. Life kicks hard sometimes. I know you'll never get over it but in time you'll get through it. May God bless you and comfort you.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 03-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #103
DeAn Durham
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thank you all so very much for your condolences. Its been a very difficult year for me losing both of my grandparents and Dad last year and now mom. With gods grace I will get through.
Dee Durham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #104
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Dee, If you ever want to talk about any shooting or pistols you are shooting I don't think anybody would care. Got me some Glaser PowRball 380 for my LCP hope they feed smooth there supposed to got a hollow point filled with a plastic ball. You must feel mighty lonely since your parents passed read your Bible helps me. ch
calvin humburg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calvin humburg For Your Post:
Unread 03-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #105
DeAn Durham
Forum Associate

Member Info

It is definitely lonely and scary all in one. I'm only 34 and confused as to how to come to terms with losing my parents so early. Time will make it managable just not easier I guess
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #106
Marc Retallack
Forum Associate

Member Info

I'm sorry to learn of yet another loss for you Dee. If it's any help, you're not alone. I lost my father and one of my favorite uncles within 3 months of each other last year. At 36, I thought I had more time with them as well. Not long after my father's passing, I adopted a 4 yr old black lab. He was probably the best therapy I could have asked for. I'm certain you're in many prayers this evening.

Marcus
"Nowadays, when one is forced to cross the country in a few hours and drink three-day-old beer, ain't it a pleasure to know, as I'm sure you do, that good friends, good bourbon, and good tobacco are slowly made."

Gene Hill

www.cure.org
Marc Retallack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marc Retallack For Your Post:
Visit Marc Retallack's homepage!
Unread 03-24-2011, 06:00 AM   #107
DeAn Durham
Forum Associate

Member Info

You know.....I've been contemplating getting myself and my girls a puppy to keep us busy and redirect our love to a faithful companion. Just haven't been able to settle on what to look for. But of course my thoughts are all over the board right now. I've thought of a Bassett Hound all the way to a German Shepherd lol. I did come across a Bloodhound rescue here locally but not sure of the breed and care for them. I will keep looking and know when the time is right, it'll happen. I appreciate all of the words of encouragement and sympathy. You guys are the best!
Unread 03-24-2011, 06:10 AM   #108
DeAn Durham
Forum Associate

Member Info

On a more upbeat note.......I just got a new S&W 9mm and a Taurus 45. Once everything calms down a bit, I'm looking forward to going to the range and getting a little bit of "gun therapy" in. Also, next weekend I will be going turkey hunting for the first time, so I'm really looking forward to it. Any tips and tricks you guys can give to the new kid?
Unread 03-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #109
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,235 Times in 12,376 Posts

First off, let me suggest a Lab as a great family dog - they're a lot of fun and love kids... and they can be really good pheasant flushers and retrievers.

I'd recommend you get your first turkey advice from the people you hunt with but always take a head shot on them. Body shots are often crippling shots on turkeys.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 03-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #110
DeAn Durham
Forum Associate

Member Info

I've thought about getting a lab, but I don't know the first thing about training it for hunting. That and I've never pheasant hunted before either. I love the outdoors and shooting, so once everything calms down, I think I am going to try my hand at just about every kind of hunting I can think of. I know for me, deer hunting is very relaxing and calming so I look forward to trying new things and occupying my time.