Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

2023 Fox International Challenge
Unread 08-18-2023, 11:00 AM   #1
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,428 Posts

Default 2023 Fox International Challenge

Gentlemen;

Here are the rules for the Fox International Challenge to be held at the VGC this Sept.

The Fox International Challenge
1. The Fox International Challenge will be an event held at the VGC and contested on the 5 stand. 2. The Challenge will be between any American made SxS and any European made SxS.
3. The qualification rounds can be shot on the 5 stand all day Thurs 9/07, Fri 9/08 and Sat 9/09 with all scorecards to be in by 12 noon on Sat. No exceptions.
4. Shooter is responsible for marking their scorecard with their guns manufacturer and make of gun.
5. Teams will consist of two, 5 man squads each, of American and European shooters. 20 shooters total.
6. Competition will consist of a semi final round, American vs American and European vs European. The winners of each group will then compete for the final round.
7. Each round will consist of 125 targets per team and under rules of the club. Field rules will apply; no malfunctions ie: safety left on, misfire, etc.
8. Top 6 scores from each group, 12 total American and Euro, will make the cut and the remaining 8 shooters will be randomly drawn to give every shooter a chance to participate. In the event of a trap malfunction during a team’s attempt at the Challenge targets, the Warrington official will void that team’s score and a new round of 125 targets will be shot.
9. Ear and eye protection must be worn.
10. Maximum shot size will be 7 1/2, 1 1/8oz.
11. A flip of the coin will decide which team shoots first.
12. All shooters must have fun, be safe and conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner becoming of these two, fine organizations!
Daryl Corona is the lead on this: dcorona28@gmail.com

The challenge will begin at 2pm SHARP on Sat, Sept 8th. Let's show those Euro shooters what the Yanks can do with those guns made in the USA.

Thanks,
Daryl

PS- I'm looking to get a good representation of American made guns especially those made by, but not limited to, the guns made by A.H Fox.
Unread 08-18-2023, 12:00 PM   #2
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,906 Times in 2,688 Posts

KICK EUROTRASH DUPA!!!!!!

I'm sure you'll have some Parker, Ithaca, Winchester and Smith guns on the line. Fox? Not many competitors shoot Fox guns. Just sayin'.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 08-18-2023, 12:03 PM   #3
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

"8. Top 6 scores from each group, 12 total American and Euro, will make the cut and the remaining 8 shooters will be randomly drawn to give every shooter a chance to participate."

There ya go again with participation prizes instead of merit.

Another idea from Tool Man?
Unread 08-18-2023, 12:14 PM   #4
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post

I'm sure you'll have some Parker, Ithaca, Winchester and Smith guns on the line. Fox? Not many competitors shoot Fox guns. Just sayin'.
There will be at least 4 guys I know of shooting Foxes. It's called the Fox International Challenge for a good reason. Too bad you can't be there to shoot one of your Parker Target Smasher "custom" Koneski guns. We will miss you but will carry on to show American superiority, particularly with those Philly guns. We still love you.
Unread 08-18-2023, 12:19 PM   #5
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
"8. Top 6 scores from each group, 12 total American and Euro, will make the cut and the remaining 8 shooters will be randomly drawn to give every shooter a chance to participate."

There ya go again with participation prizes instead of merit.

Another idea from Tool Man?
No not Tool Man but from the VGC organizer. She's hoping to get a few female shooters involved. Things could change for 2024 depending on how things work out. You could always declare you are a female and TRY to qualify.
Unread 08-18-2023, 12:24 PM   #6
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:

It is what it is , but I kinda thought “North America vs The World” a better name for it . Leads one to believe everyone here shoots those Fox hardware store guns
Unread 08-18-2023, 12:36 PM   #7
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
It is what it is , but I kinda thought “North America vs The World” a better name for it . Leads one to believe everyone here shoots those Fox hardware store guns
As far as I am concerned there is America and then the "rest of the world". European pretty much covers the rest of the world as far as guns are concerned.

Fox hardware store guns? Maybe Chucky B. could chime in on how many Parkers were sold in hardware stores. I didn't see anyone here suggesting a Parker International Challenge.

Just bring one of your Parkers Craig and have fun. We're here to best the Euros, no matter what you shoot. Although it would be much classier to shoot a gun sponsored by Philly's best.
Unread 08-18-2023, 12:57 PM   #8
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
As far as I am concerned there is America and then the "rest of the world". European pretty much covers the rest of the world as far as guns are concerned.

Fox hardware store guns? Maybe Chucky B. could chime in on how many Parkers were sold in hardware stores. I didn't see anyone here suggesting a Parker International Challenge.

Just bring one of your Parkers Craig and have fun. We're here to best the Euros, no matter what you shoot. Although it would be much classier to shoot a gun sponsored by Philly's best.
😏✌🏻👍🏻
Unread 08-18-2023, 01:40 PM   #9
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Corona View Post
There will be at least 4 guys I know of shooting Foxes. It's called the Fox International Challenge for a good reason. Too bad you can't be there to shoot one of your Parker Target Smasher "custom" Koneski guns. We will miss you but will carry on to show American superiority, particularly with those Philly guns. We still love you.
I’ll be there in spirit. When y’all step up on the Challenge line, remember my words of encouragement, “Don’t suck!!”
Unread 08-18-2023, 01:49 PM   #10
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
I’ll be there in spirit. When y’all step up on the Challenge line, remember my words of encouragement, “Don’t suck!!”
Great idea Big Guy. If you could forward a short video clip of you chanting that and dressed in your cigar scented Hawaiian shirt, I'll play it on a loop at the 5 stand for encouragement of the Yankee shooters.