Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Foto Fridays

Notices

Unread 08-20-2018, 07:55 AM   #11
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Did a little more digging. No shocker but it appears they were shooting 12 gauge which is the F16 model. Which is confusing because I think gun is only offered in 12 gauge then why not F12. For a kind of blase looking gun that all they did was add an R to make name, it has a nauseous list price $4,195. I jest though I think they do make some other fine guns and I'm sure they are probably solid guns.

I agree the wad hitting chards of target with that much force, but close behind the pellets probably means they were dang close, especially in the black screen shots probably taken in an indoor range.

Remember when I was kid and shooting dove and after wasting a box of shells with nothing to show for it my dad said you can't lead a dove enough. Took it literally, very frustrating afternoon. First I was way behind until given advise on lead and then birds were dodging the wads since I was to far out in front. Trial and error.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post:
Unread 08-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #12
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,411 Times in 4,591 Posts

2:16 in the video is proof positive that you can hit a bird with a few pellets and not break it.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 08-20-2018, 01:37 PM   #13
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,213 Times in 1,622 Posts

I run the Clay's setup at our hunt club. We use the harder compounded Clay's from Lawery. You can't believe how many full Clay's I find with up to three hits. Many of our shooters use 8, I feel 71/2 is a better choice.
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #14
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Still remember several years ago when I got a new to me 28 gauge. So during Christmas was first chance I had to shoot it while visiting family in Kentucky. Up till then only smallest gauge ever hunted or shot with was 20 gauge. My dad called 28 gauge a sissy gun and so did his old hunting cronies and well as uncles and cousins. Unfortunately only shells I could find for the 28 gauge in a rush were #9 shot loads.

Went to family farm to bust some targets and poke fun with guys I don't get to see that often. It was colder than a well diggers ass after third shift but we were still out there busting targets and give each other a hard time. So out comes the 28 gauge. Man we were blasting away at those targets and could see dust flying off them but not breaking. Would go and pick them up most targets would be three, four, five hits but no breaks. There for a while I thought gun bore was out of alignment. BTW I actually think the targets were frozen because even with 20 and 12s we also shot were not smoking targets but just clean breaks but were using 7.5 and 8 shot. That was a rough time trying to defend my little sissy 28 gauge purchase.

Now I know the 28 gauge puts up great velocity numbers but less shot in the pattern but dang good enough on 20 to 25 yard shots. 9 shot just doesn't have down range energy. I don't shoot anything but 7.5 shot it in it now and would love to find 8 shot but for some reason most just make it in 7.5 or 9 loads. However, when I win the lottery will get some 28 gauge 10 or 12 shot tungsten loads worked up. That could be the ultimate upland gauge with those tungsten loads. I can hear it now, Carries like a 410 but hits like a 16 gauge.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote