Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns

Notices

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #31
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,371 Times in 3,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarspencer View Post
Bill, you seem to have an endless supply of order book stuff. Do you have one (or more) of the missing books? I was under the impression that my forty bucks for a research letter went to good use, but If you'll take less on the dark web, maybe we can do some business. I could use a new watch too. Maybe a nice knockoff Rolex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
My collection of order book copies came from the trash receptacles in the Archives at The Arms when we copied the records in 1998. The trash cans held copies that were not suitable for use by PGCA. I think James Hall has a similar collection. Your mistaken impression that I am in possession of more than "trash" is brought on by the fact that I freely share my research material, unlike some other individuals and organizations.
I'm not sure how what I said suggested to you that I had any 'impression'. "Trash" was your word, and what I said about questioning whether you had any of the missing books was meant to be in jest. I certainly never thought you did have 'books', though it's fairly common knowledge that there are individuals that do. I can almost give you credit that you "freely share" the many pages of info you have. Almost, because the permission to copy, and permission to disseminate those copies, of the Parker records, was given to the PGCA, and ONLY the PGCA. Had all the members of the copy team been careless enough to spoil so many copies, and then picked the trash, I doubt there would be any point in having a research function, or that they could generate much income for the organization. I'm certainly not the only member that feels this way, just one of the few who doesn't much give a rats ^$$ who I offend.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 05-30-2019, 02:02 PM   #32
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

back to the sighting plane question. Everyone says the two beads should line up into a figure 8, but many trap guns will have a space between the beads. Yes it's easier to make sure your head is on the stock the same every time if the beads stack touching but that's about all. Different shooters want the gun to shoot higher or lower. I just got my barrel back and I'm going over to the club and just shoot some straight aways. Unless I really squeeze into the stock I see what your picture was. Different face structures and distances from the cheek to shoulder mean different DAC. The only way to tell is to shoot it at moving targets.

Last edited by Paul Harm; 05-30-2019 at 02:25 PM..
Paul Harm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Harm For Your Post:
Visit Paul Harm's homepage!