Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
#6 frame 10s
Unread 08-29-2019, 12:51 PM   #13
Alan B. Webber
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default #6 frame 10s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Some early #6 frame tens were originally eights. They were rebarreled when eight gauges were outlawed for migratory birds. What auction was the $1800 #6 frame sold? With a serial number, we can tell you if it was originally an eight or a ten. My #6 frame ten was rebarreled in fluid steel, was originally an eight. I overpaid substantially for that gun, but "Just had to have it." It has a very interesting history as the gamegetter for a Nebraska family who lived off the land from pioneer days.
"Just had to have it" is the right phrase alright. I bought a d grade #6 frame 10 hammerless many years ago then lucked out and found another d grade #6 frame 10 hammer gun. I paid too much for both of them.
After a lot of Turnbull rehab, I take them to Canada for ducks and geese and shoot brass shells with BP in them.1325 ft per sec with a 1 and one quarter oz of bismuth. I've since backed off on the powder after chronographing the load.
The brass shells were deforming a bit at the base and there's no resizing those things.
Both guns are great fun on pigeons also.
Each one is Damascus and weigh about 14 lbs each. 36 and 34 inch barrels.
The RST smokeless loads are great to shoot also.
Of all the Parkers I have they are the most fun to shoot.
Never pass one up no matter what shape it's in. I think they're all pretty rare. One really fun and satisfying thing to do is get a gun like that shooting again.
The guy at Cabelas that sold me the hammerless one for 4K said it would be a great wall hanger. I told him there's no way it's going to hang on any wall.
Thanks,
Alan B. Webber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alan B. Webber For Your Post: