Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Seeking Information on Trap Shooter/Dog Handler -- P.C. Jesse
Unread 07-02-2019, 06:11 PM   #1
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,471 Times in 3,042 Posts

Default Seeking Information on Trap Shooter/Dog Handler -- P.C. Jesse

I'm trying to track down information about the original owner of a Parker DHE of mine. His name was P. C. Jesse (first name was Palmer, and there are multiple listed spellings of his last name, including Jessee and Jessie). What I have found so far about Mr. Jesse is that he was originally from Virginia and moved to the Bowling Green, KY area, and helped to found the Planters Insurance Co. of Bowling Green for which he served as Secretary. Articles about his trap shooting show up pretty regularly, as do the occasionally piece about his entries into bird dog field trials (he apparently fancied English Setters, and I have found a registration for one of his field trial/hunting setters). As I mentioned, I have his DHE 20, the Research Letter for which presents a man who knew what he wanted in a bird gun -- very specific and somewhat unique-for-the-time requirements. Those requirements suggest to me someone who shot a great deal and knew how to configure a gun to hit rising targets.

I'm wondering if anyone perhaps has a trap gun of his, or any information that may help flesh out the portrait I'm beginning to piece together about the man who ordered the gun that has become my go-to for quail hunting. It would be neat to learn of a trap gun he might have ordered/used and some background on it.

A needle in a haystack, but who knows? Thanks in advance for anything someone here might offer.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,471 Times in 3,042 Posts

Just bumping this back up in hopes someone may have a trap gun ordered/owned by P C Jesse of Bowling Green, KY. It would have been ordered and used within the window of 1910-1940.

Thanks!
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote