Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Repro case
Unread 01-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
Kenneth Jones (Kenny)
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Repro case

There is a repro I'm thinking of bidding for on an auction site that says the gun comes in the original Winchester cardboard box. It dose not mention the hard case. I have one I bought in the 90's and it is hard cased with a case cover. My question is did all the repros include a case? That will determine the amount I would bid compared to others I see for sale else ware.

Last edited by Kenneth V Jones; 01-14-2019 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: Wrong time frame in third sentence
Kenneth V Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2019, 05:31 PM   #2
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,600 Times in 984 Posts

Most, if not all, Parker Reproductions included a factory leather case with outercover when sold to the original purchaser. These cases, however; sometimes got separated from the guns occasionally for whatever reason.

You need to contact the seller and ask if the gun includes the factory original case w/outercover before bidding. A factory case adds ~$500 of value to the gun, IMO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 01-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
Kenneth Jones (Kenny)
PGCA Member

Member Info

I thought the same thing, but since they went to the trouble of telling about the cardboard box it's like they are hiding the fact it should with it.
Unread 01-12-2019, 07:05 PM   #4
Woodcock survey
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,386 Times in 594 Posts

Mine came in the cardboard box along with the case and outer cover. I put the gun in the case and still have the cardboard box. When my heirs sell it the box will go with it, (they say they will not sell that one)
Daniel Carter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,304 Times in 445 Posts

During the close-out days there were several repro's sold minus the hard case & cover due to a shortage of the cases at the time. Buyers were told that the cases would be supplied at a later date, but not all were. I have a 28" 28ga case which is the correct case minus the canvas cover. The label in it is the correct one except it is rectangle rather than the oval. I've always suspected that it is one of the promised cases.

One of the other things that happens with early repro cases is that the first generation cloth over-covers were junk which deteriorated & ripped easily. A lot of these covers were simply thrown away. There's also people out there that don't see the need for a case and sold the case & kept the gun. Evaluate the gun on it's own basis and make a deduction for what you value the case at. Just because you feel the absence of the case de-values the gun, doesn't mean the seller will see it your way. I see repro cases for sale from time to time in the $250.00 to $400.00 range.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Ehlers For Your Post:
Unread 01-13-2019, 09:26 PM   #6
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth V Jones View Post
There is a repro I'm thinking of bidding for on an auction site that says the gun comes in the original Winchester cardboard box. It dose not mention the hard case. I have one I bought in the 80's and it is hard cased with a case cover. My question is did all the repros include a case? That will determine the amount I would bid compared to others I see for sale else ware.
Kenny, I think what he is talking about is, when the gun was shipped, it was in it's own cardboard box, and the case was in another cardboard box and both were shipped together in a larger box.
Paul is correct, during the closeout many Parker Repro's were shipped without cases.
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2019, 09:53 PM   #7
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,600 Times in 984 Posts

I bought two Repros during the closeout, a 20 and a 28. Both guns initially were shipped sans the cases, outer covers and snap caps. Within a couple three weeks later the cases and snap caps were shipped seperately directly to me. I would be surprised if others that bought during the closeout didn't eventually get their cases, covers and snap caps sent to them as well -- because they were to be included with each gun sold. Below is one of the ads that was running during the latter stages of the closeout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg user4_pic980_1264465042.jpg (282.7 KB, 9 views)
Unread 01-13-2019, 10:06 PM   #8
Kenneth Jones (Kenny)
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanks everyone. As I mentioned in my first post that I bought one from Jaquas and the box case was sent to me a while later, I can't remember how long it was.