Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 08-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #41
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,332 Times in 4,418 Posts

Matt Haney might be in charge now. He is a nice guy
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 08-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #42
MattHaney
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Tom Snyder is the Vintage Gunners President.
MattHaney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattHaney For Your Post:
Unread 08-22-2018, 09:43 PM   #43
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,181 Times in 12,364 Posts

Yes! That's what Morris told me! Thanks Matt.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2018, 11:04 PM   #44
PML
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,568 Times in 372 Posts

If I was to EVER decide my attendance to a DoubleGun event or show based on a couple of used gun dealers showing up or not then I would find another passion. I can shop these guys online all day long and their wares don’t make me want to cancel any plans to attend an event and shoot my guns or mingle with like minded people. I hope the event is well attended and has many doublegun shooters and I hope your annual meeting is well attended. Guys that like hanging with used gun dealers may feel otherwise. Perhaps they should ask their dealer where they will be that weekend and they can make arrangements to be there too. If I was shooting my gun at the event I could not care less.

PML
Patrick Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2018, 08:34 AM   #45
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Probably not going to be a popular opinion but. Reason the spring Southern is successful it’s run by a Businessman, Vintagers could revert to club attendance at a Fall event run by the Course owners. It’s very difficult for a club to organize and run a large event . Some very good courses in the NE operated by people that know how to promote events.

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2018, 04:04 PM   #46
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,864 Times in 2,674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Lien View Post
If I was to EVER decide my attendance to a DoubleGun event or show based on a couple of used gun dealers showing up or not then I would find another passion. I can shop these guys online all day long and their wares don’t make me want to cancel any plans to attend an event and shoot my guns or mingle with like minded people. I hope the event is well attended and has many doublegun shooters and I hope your annual meeting is well attended. Guys that like hanging with used gun dealers may feel otherwise. Perhaps they should ask their dealer where they will be that weekend and they can make arrangements to be there too. If I was shooting my gun at the event I could not care less.

PML
PML, I am with you 100%. When I go to these events I go to shoot. Might take a quick pass through certain vendors, but I am there to shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot.......
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 08-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #47
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,853 Times in 4,747 Posts

If the promoter of the Spring Southern would purchase about another 50 acres of ground for parking and course improvement and make the course something more interesting than it is, the Spring Southern would be much more than the Vintagers will ever be again. I have been shooting the Sanford course for 19 years and could shoot it blindfolded. Am I right or am I wrong? We don't need an Orvis facility to shoot sporting competition and buy guns. If Anthony Matarese at M&M Sporting in New Jersey ever decided to run a side by side shoot with vendors and collectors associations, no other side by side shoot would survive for six months. There would be absolutely no competition.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 08-25-2018, 11:16 AM   #48
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,078 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
If the promoter of the Spring Southern would purchase about another 50 acres of ground for parking and course improvement and make the course something more interesting than it is, the Spring Southern would be much more than the Vintagers will ever be again. I have been shooting the Sanford course for 19 years and could shoot it blindfolded. Am I right or am I wrong? We don't need an Orvis facility to shoot sporting competition and buy guns.
That's why we go to the Southern to see friends and the vendors, but we shoot Drakes Landing which is a wonderful with two courses. with great people willing to bend over backwards to help. As Bill said, I have not shot Deep River in ten years but I know each of the few stations as the targets are the same every year (yes I have walked the course a few times in the past few years) and that is too bad.
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
Unread 08-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #49
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,679 Times in 1,644 Posts

Speaking with Jim Hall looks like we are only going to have 2 tables for display, I guess we will share a tent as we do at the Southern. I will be traveling starting Sept 7. good lord willing into Kentucky Ohio and across to the event in Kennedyville Need to know just how many guns to bring so I can plan my set up, Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2018, 06:42 AM   #50
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,298 Times in 1,235 Posts

I believe this event will be well attended and I'm really looking forward to it. I know we've sold a lot of tickets for the Annual Meeting/Banquet. Having said that, assuming for the moment that attendance isn't what everyone is hoping for and assuming few vendors make it, as long as 75 to 100 Parker guys and gals show up with their guns to shoot, show off or trade then I'll be perfectly happy. Throw in the rest of the collector groups and you've got a side x side party. So I wouldn't worry about all the rumors and just pack up the car and head towards the Eastern Shore come the end of September. Bring all your Parkers and be ready to buy a bunch of shells from RST. See you down the road.

"Oh Christ, just shoot the damn thing."
Destry L. Hoffard
John Davis is offline   Reply With Quote