Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

simulated driven bird shoot NE Kingdom
Unread 05-15-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
gman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default simulated driven bird shoot NE Kingdom

Thought I would share this on behalf of a local Vintager. First is a link to the Edwardian shoot flyer and below is a club description of the event.

We will be trying something a little different at the Northeast Kingdom Skeet & Sporting Clays Club in Burke, VT. On June 2nd we will be hosting a Side X Side Shooting Party consisting of four butts and traps set along the side hill. Targets will be set to simulate a driven bird hunt.
Side X Sides only, any gauge. Proper attire is requested (collared shirts, no jeans or shorts)
Friday June 1st we will have the Sporting Course and the 5-Stand open from 11:00am - 5:00pm for warm-up.
Saturday June 2nd the Party will start shortly after 9:00am with the single events. We will break for a catered lunch and continue with team events in the afternoon.
We will have a Long Bird Event run throughout the day with any shoot offs before the awards ceremony. 50% going to the winner.
Flyers are attached. Please contact Jack Dudley at woodcockone@yahoo.com 207-751-

Thanks,
Eric
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Shooting Party.pdf (714.2 KB, 20 views)
Eric Grims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Grims For Your Post:
Unread 05-15-2018, 09:37 PM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,023 Times in 12,313 Posts

Sounds like fun Eric. I'll be turkey hunting in North Danville on the weekend before so I'll miss the NEK Vintage Shoot.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2018, 07:16 AM   #3
gman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks Dean. I too will be out of state on family visits and will have to miss the event.
If you or any PGA members find yourselves in the NEK neighborhood with an urge to shoot SC or 5 stand I would be glad to open the club up and accommodate you throughout the week. Just need to schedule a time to hook up.
We are small club "well kept secret" that has benefited greatly buy members pitching in and a generous amount of Pittman Robinson dollars: completed renovated 100 bird SC course fully automated, 8 station automated 5 stand , wobble trap, new roads and a brand new club house. Accompanied by a member we are operational 7 days a week and most days you can have the place to ourselves.
Unread 05-17-2018, 07:53 AM   #4
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,023 Times in 12,313 Posts

Eric - Thank you for that fine invitation. One day I'll get over there to see the place and maybe shoot a round. I'll definitely contact you in advance. How far do you live from the club? I thought you were up by Newport...

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #5
john pulis
PGCA Member

Member Info

We shot at NE Kingdom coming down from Pittsbrg, NH some time ago A well kept secret. Great bunch of guys, very reasonable fees, and a great SC course. Hope to make this event with Pittsburg boys, but Hausmanns is the WE following.
john pulis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to john pulis For Your Post:
Unread 05-17-2018, 09:21 AM   #6
gman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Dean, I do live in Derby but get to the club a couple times a week or whenever needed - just down the road in Kingdom terms. I enjoy taking folks around - especially welcome more SxS shooters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Grims For Your Post: