Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tundra Swan with a Hammer 10
Unread 01-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,179 Times in 633 Posts

Default Tundra Swan with a Hammer 10

I had a good hunt on Friday morning at Lake Mattamuskeet in North Carolina. I was using a zero grade 1882 Parker Top Action 10 Gauge #2 frame with 32” twist barrels. It was about as perfect as you could get. Three of us were hunting and a flock of 3 came in 30 minutes after we got into the blind and each of us got our bird.

I was shooting 2 7/8” Track of the Wolf brass shells with a hefty scoop of 4 drams of Goex 2f and 1 ½ oz, of ITX BBs. I shot first and my bird dropped

My 2 other friends were shooting 3 ½ 12 gauge autoloaders and were amazed at how effective my old Parker was on those big birds. The guide said it was the first time had ever had someone hunt with black powder and he too was impressed.

I was thinking of trying to write all this up for a Parker Pages article as that has been on my list for a while. It was a fun hunt in some beautiful country.

I am not sure what happened when I uploaded the picture, but double click for a nice close up...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parker Swan.jpg (329.7 KB, 78 views)
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote