Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Unread 01-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #21
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,158 Posts

And yet again, methinks you protest too much.....

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 01-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #22
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

Destry-Misquotes of Christ's Sermon on the Mount, Thomas Jefferson (a "Frog statesman") and (my personal favorite) bestowing a peerage on disgraced Irish nationalist Charles Parnell. It goes on and on. Some people use the Internet in a rather pathetic attempt to gain a strange kind of attention that they apparently desire but can not get in real life...People actually do fail open book tests..."F"
Don Kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Don Kaas For Your Post:
Believe it was Robespierre, not Tommy J. Sir!!
Unread 01-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #23
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Believe it was Robespierre, not Tommy J. Sir!!

[QUOTE=Don Kaas;11136]Destry-Misquotes of Christ's Sermon on the Mount, Thomas Jefferson (a "Frog statesman") and (my personal favorite) bestowing a peerage on disgraced Irish nationalist Charles Parnell. It goes on and on. Some people use the Internet in a rather pathetic attempt to gain a strange kind of attention that they apparently desire but can not get in real life...People actually do fail open book tests..."F"[- Thank you Mr. Kaas, I yield to your greater education indeed, as I barely graduated from High School, but fortunately inherited mechanical aptitude that helped me along in life, and not just in field-stripping M2-.50 MG or a Parker Trojan shotgun.

I am sure it was Robespierre who said "I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to freely say it!" and for that famous utterance he died on the French guillotine aprox. 1794. He was the Frog stateman to whom I made reference on another website/forum other than here. Were I to have referred to Thomas Jefferson, I believe it would have been more accurate to refer to him as the WASP statesman, as were almost all of our great Founding fathers.

I won't discuss my reverence for Lord Parnell, that his how we view him, if you chose to view him otherwise and "de-peerage" him, that is your free choice, and there is no sense debating that.

I hope you and your friend Destry have good weather and a fine pigeon shoot this coming week-end. The late Nash Buckingham once shot at your club with the late Eltinge Warner I believe. I would have loved to have been there and see those "sky carp" being blown to feathery bits floating down the river with the solid hits from his famous "Bo-Whoop" Fox double. Stay well!!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #24
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,718 Posts

And another of our generation joins the expanding group of influential citizens who chooses to use the acronym WASP in a derogatory manner. For the umteenth time, I apologize for my obvious WASPness.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote