Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Butt Plate Size Question
Unread 05-14-2021, 10:50 AM   #1
Alex Dawes
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Butt Plate Size Question

I finally pulled the trigger on a P grade 10 gauge with 28 inch barrels on a #3 frame that was in my price range. This site has been incredibly helpful. I had to fire the triggers in order to get the barrels off of the receiver (I never would have thought of this!). Fortunately I have other 10 gauges and have some fired hulls laying around.

In any case, there's some minor slot damage to some of the screws and a broken butt plate (the toe is snapped off). I may leave the screws alone or hammer them out later since most of the material seems to be there on most of them. I would like to replace the butt plate before I use the gun though. Am I correct in assuming I would need a #3 butt plate to fit this gun? The majority of what I am finding on eBay, Guns International, etc. are #0-2. I haven't seen a 3 yet and I'm wondering if that is because they don't exist or if they are scarcer than the others. Thank you!
Alex Dawes is offline   Reply With Quote