Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Parker Gun Club Patch.....
Unread 11-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #1
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,158 Posts

Default Parker Gun Club Patch.....

I'd designed this jacket patch as a go with to the shooting sweaters currently under construction. It's chainstitched on wool felt just like the old style gun club patches. I used Parker Gun Club (which actually was a real club at one time) so as not to get into any copyright infringement or problems with the PGCA.

This is a prototype but I don't think I'd change anything. I don't have it in hand yet, it's supposedly in the mail to me as of yesterday.

The guy I contracted to do it, and produce the full order, has now said he doesn't want to do them. He doesn't have time, he's too backed up to do small projects, etc etc. It also took forever to get just this one. I think it was 10 months from initial contact to a few days ago when he sent this photograph, so I'd be a little hesitant to use him anyway.

So, as of right now, I don't have a manufacturer. If I go to the trouble to find someone else, would anybody else want one anyway? They would be expensive, around $100 each plus shipping.

The embroidery is done by machine, the machines are all 75 or 100 years old. It's oriented by hand and is quite an art to do and do right. This guy was my choice, he's the best I could find. But, there are a few others who still do it who I could give a try at a prototype and see what they're capable of. They're all in the USA so that's a plus as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ParkerPatch.jpg (153.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg ParkerPatch2.jpg (106.9 KB, 27 views)
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
John Truitt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,075 Times in 338 Posts

Destry,

Sign me up for one.

John
John Truitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

P.S. You don't have to be a sweater buyer to get one.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 11-29-2016, 11:06 PM   #4
David Fishley
On Vacation

Member Info

Damn nice, very very pretty, but awful expensive. No offence but don't be a Trump. Try overseas for same quality and reduced cost.

P.s. Is the font the same type that is used on either parker guns or somewhere in the advertising?
David Fishley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to David Fishley For Your Post:
Unread 11-30-2016, 10:24 AM   #5
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

If I thought I had to get them produced overseas I wouldn't bother with the project.
Unread 11-30-2016, 10:25 AM   #6
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

P.S. This is also a not for profit venture, same as with the sweaters.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 11-30-2016, 10:40 AM   #7
C grade
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,233 Times in 454 Posts

Destry
Sign me up for one, maybe two
David
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2016, 11:43 AM   #8
OLD GEEZER
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,545 Times in 502 Posts

Destry: I'm a Trumpster so sign me up for one. Thomas
Thomas L. Benson Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2016, 12:33 PM   #9
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

I've had several messages from folks offering the names of patch manufacturers and I certainly appreciate the attempts at help.

My whole idea was to create something that wouldn't have been out of place on a shooting jacket in the 1930's. And of course have it made here in the USA.

Yes we could get them done in China on a computer oriented embroidery machine but then it would just be another patch, not something special to wear and be proud of.

I've had enough responses to warrant looking into another maker. Once I've got the prototype in hand I'll see what I can come up with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 11-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #10
David Noble
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,076 Times in 382 Posts

Destry, do you know the physical dimensions of the patch?
David Noble is offline   Reply With Quote